Rims, hubs to fit escooter 8.5” x 3” wide

To say im excited to get these bad boys for the weekemd is an understatememt. They are 6” diameter and look sikk with the escooter 8.5 x 3” tyres on them. Boom!

3 Likes

Was there more info about this project somewhere?

2 Likes

Yes i put some bits in the sale section

3 Likes

They look great, but I would personally never trust a 3d printed wheel. IMO rims need to be basically failproof. What did you print these with?

If you ever decide to get some of these machined or injection molded, I would love to get a set. Heard many good things about the Tuovt scooter tires.

3 Likes

I can get them machined. But they are NOT cheap. Would be similar price to four kaly xlr rims. Around $600

Printed in nylon. Can also do carbon fibre nylon. Are you doing jumps on your board or?

1 Like

Yeah $600 is pricey. Perhaps nylon is strong enough and I’m overly cautious.

I’m not doing jumps but I ride up to ~35 mph and I just don’t trust 3d printing enough to have 99.999% confidence it will never fail with a broken bead lip or something like that.

1 Like

So we printed the first one for sizing with PLA pumped it to 40 psi. It held, deflated it, then tried 50 PSI. It blew the thing to bits

Then we did one in PETG. The white one in my pics. Ive covered almost 500 miles on it. Its constantly kept at 60 PSI and i ride hard. Id be fully confident on PETG

but, just to be safe These are printed in nylon so even stronger.

Add my insta i post more there drpoppinoff

1 Like

If you go carbon fibre thats gonna b bomb proof man. Let me know if you want.

1 Like

PETG

Nylon

Sneak peek :eyes:

2 Likes

Nylon has worse layer adhesion than PETG.

Love the design of the wheels though!

1 Like

Yeah but more flex, just been out on a little test ride. Solid as fook x about to put the other three on n start clocking milesssss

1 Like

Little update Im running on 3d printed ones for 600 miles now, but have cnc version for £499 a set. They are massive!! 8.5” x 3” tyres the carve is insane

2 Likes

What size is the bearing seat in these? They look great… spray paint chrome and pop!!

Also, what is the.mountung pattern for pulleys?

1 Like

eh

6 Likes

Woahhhhhhhbb dude!!! Amazing

It fits the 6001rs trampa bolt pattern! Need? What u riding?

1 Like