Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@taz
šŸ–¼ Pictures and nothing else!
Looks dope! Will we get a video to it as well?

1 Like

Well it actually looks lame on a video :disappointed: but I will upload something in a few minutes.

1 Like

You asked for it so here it is.

1. It looks lame
  2. I knew I have gained a little weight but my ass looks huge WTF
  3. It looks lame
12 Likes
  1. itā€™s not so lame of you ever tried that by your own
  2. @Brenternet and @DerelictRobot for sure very happy about that
  3. referring to the first point
5 Likes

You are too kind.

I could honestly go a lot higher however I have an exam on Tuesday and missing it because I am injured is not an option.
That and the fact that I am not a spring chicken any more like most of you guys means I have to take it easy.

5 Likes

Itā€™s one of those things on any kind of board. When you jump you always feel like youā€™re scraping the clouds and anyone whoā€™s tried it knows. From the ground though itā€™s a bit lame :smiley:

3 Likes

Actually it did not feel like I was getting any reasonable air. The photo is more impressive IMO.
Aside from that jumping that huge MF was a lot of fun.

1 Like

Is actually kind of impressive how much air you got off such a tiny jump. Iā€™ve jumped all kinds of boards in my life; skate, snow, wake, sand, and jumping these eATSk8s is like bolting all of them together or making one out of concrete because of the weight. So, I feel like a foot of e-air is like a meter of regular air.

But more importantly, dat booty, though. :rofl:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome man! I have yet to try a jump. Weather is finally nice enough for me to check this new place out.

2 paved pump tracks
3 dirt jump lines
Mountain bike trails
Bank walls

ā€¦ Strictly no motor vehicles written on every page :grimacing:

2 Likes

Sorry, couldnā€™t resist. Haha.

2 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Are you sure you want to test your luck on a place where ā€œmedical centreā€ and ā€œbike parkā€ are mentioned in the same title? :rofl:

Nice park though. Take some vids.

1 Like

What made you choose the Fatboy vs e-Toxx gear drive?

1 Like

Cost and clarity I guess. I have the v1 of the drive and can see massive improvements which may make it a keeper instead of a breaker.

Plan is to get a helical up and running later in summer, maybe on a La Croix

I would like to repair the v1 for old times sake, grew fond of it in between being throw off

2 Likes

I have been contemplating a gear drive for my Trampa, however I am still undecided.
My only ā€œproblemā€ so far with the Trampa enclosed belt drive is the excessive drag.
I am between the e-Toxx and the Trampa gear drive.

I prefer the really low gearing of the Trampa (5.9:1 vs 5:1) for off road but the e-Toxx is a more tested design.
Also I have not settled on helical vs straight cut. I prefer the increased durability of the straight cut and the fact that there is no axial load, but on the other hand noise plays a big role in parks, where there are other people (and this is where belts shine).

I have not considered the Fatboy mainly because of how I saw Kugelis respond to constructive criticism over his antispark switch design.

4 Likes

If you can hold off, a 3rd gear drive player will be here soon :shushing_face:

4 Likes

I can definitely hold off. Are you talking about moonā€™s gear drive?
If so then the shortest available ratio will be 4:1 which is too tall for my application.

2 Likes

@magharees what BMS is that? I had 2 of those and vastly prefer them to the D140. Got a link?

Sure diddly-do
https://bit.ly/2HSNNus

Itā€™s the official store. in 3 days -16%. Good time to get a few?

I got the 16A discharge (for charge-only) separate port model. It claims 8A charge, I will probably charge @5-6A I guess.

This is the 13S model BTW!

5 Likes

Saw that! I still have never ordered from ali express or ali baba. Time to start I guess.

5 Likes