Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10240

@Sender what enclosure is that on the board in the background?

2 Likes

If I remeber he made it out of fiberglass and carbon fiber himself, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Just like @yelnats8j said. It is on a LY Dinghy 28.

Still have the mold if you want one

Small though

1 Like

What are the dimensions of that? I might want one… if it’s the right size. Short and tall enclosures are nigh impossible to find.

6 Likes

@Sender omg drooling-face_1f924

5 Likes

I am going to send a set of the CF X washers and green fender washers. It is just too good.

5 Likes

Another?
That’s it, it’s official.

YOU NEED HELP!!!

5 Likes

Help building that bad boy! I think it’s time for a Russian/German Mankini build party whaaaaaaaat

8 Likes

:joy:no not one more. That’s just an old picture.
That was my quad disassembled and without motors.
But I hope soon I can work on some more boards, need variations for the summer.

5 Likes

But as you just said it, i really need your help.
If I remember right you have a 5p or was it 7p pack on your trampa, right?
Did you have any issues with the one layer nickel strip design you used?
I plan to use the same nickel strips as you and thought if it‘s necessary to double two of the parallel connections, or if it works with one as well.

1 Like

7p.

The nickel strip I used allows for the minimum number of welds and gave me essentially a 0.015x10mm strip for each cell which is more than enough.
The only place I tripled on the nickel strip was on the first and last p group where I soldered the power leads.

I highly recommend it. Less welds required, slots to make spot welding easier, very few nickel to nickel welds required. What is there not to like?

3 Likes

Mine is going to be similar, just not with the place saving layout and only 5p.
Than i probably will just the nickel as well how it comes.

1 Like

Be very careful what nickel you buy then.
If you get this:
https://eu.nkon.nl/accessories/battery-solder-strip/nikkel-batterijpack-verbinding-soldeerstrip-27mm.html

The strips are 6mm wide ( I ordered some for my Tayto so I have measured them)

Whereas this:

https://eu.nkon.nl/accessories/battery-solder-strip/nikkel-batterijpack-verbinding-soldeerstrip-27mm-3109.html

Should be 10mm wide (judging by the pictures, I do not have it in hand)

I expect both to be more than enough though taking into account their short length.

2 Likes

I think I ordered first one. Will check that when it was delivered. 5x 6mm x .15mm could be a bit less for vtc5a cells.
That would be 25-30a at full discharge for one connection…but than again, when ever I will draw that much for a longer time? :thinking:

I doubt you will be drawing 5x25A=125A battery amps

1 Like

My words :sweat_smile:

What’s your highest bat current you ever was drawing on your trampa in your hilly area? @taz

1 Like

I do not know, I only have the Trampa bluetooth module installed and I can’t use the metr.at app to record with it.
The highest amp draw I have seen on my Evo with 6374 motors has been around 70A.

1 Like

I like your rug :wink:

I love YOUR rug Justin. Never shave

1 Like