Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I donā€™t use facebook, I use esk8.news

4 Likes

well there a super interesting podcast on how they made these here :

longboard truck chat starts at 1:40.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t get why people use Instagram.
Must be the worst photo/video platform ever.

4 Likes

And videos. OMG itā€™s literally the single worst video player Iā€™ve ever seen in my life. Winamp circa 2002 is better.

1 Like

No idea. Might be tied to the big upgrade. Investigations underway.

1 Like

cool, i tried from both my PC and phone with no luck. also the Post your Instagram name thread is a mess :rofl:

1 Like

ahh yeah, i remember that designā€¦
Its a new ā€œskeletalā€ design this dude (?) works on for a while now.
kind of bionic design which will reinforce strength.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thatā€™s it. I designed and made a 3-axis one first, then ran some slightly modified loading conditions through the 5-axis method in Fusion 360 generative design to come up with this shape. I was chatting to John Saunders at Autodesk University last year and he offered to make it on his 5-axis machine.

4 Likes

Nice. those guys are fucking awesome.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an old issue that cropped up again with this most recent update/upgrade. The elders of Discourse are on it.

1 Like

Yup! All 3D printed haha (apart from the motor spur gear) . Still a prototype that I want to get eventually made from carbon fibre / aluminium / pom. Almost done 10 miles offroad now. Iā€™m trying to go for a super light setup, so keeping it mega light is the end goal.

3 Likes

Some enablers sent me the last piece of my
Puzzle to lift-off today. The box had ā€œteensyā€ written on it.

I thought they were mike beards pulleys. I told UPS to suck it, Iā€™ll come to them in Chula Vista for the lacroix pulleys.

Pulleys donā€™t even matter at this point, janux or any serious RC hobby store Will have the spurs I need.

5 Likes

Nice things happen to esk8 Chuck Yeager.

4 Likes

Eight days ahead for me.

1 Like

Oh niceā€¦

I bet esk8 Qā€™s can come up with something classier

1 Like

Sent me the wrong fishpaper lol.

On that note, any reliable aliexpress link for 18650 fishpaper rings?

1 Like

Damon fixed it this morning. Thanks for the notice about this.

1 Like