🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

It be like that sometimes. It really do. But you got a whole college education to finish; you woulda been the next one outta town anyways, and it’s pretty hard to surpass your peers when they’re also your neighbor and workshop :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Omg

The floof

Sleek :neutral_face:

2 Likes

@michondr - what’s the story with the trucks on that thing? Has it just got enormous risers or what?

Ah, the OG Onewheel idea!
Does it work properly?

2 Likes

I feel you. I went through 3 bottles wondering the same and just gave up and went back to straight cut. Admittedly, one bottle was pretty off looking to begin with.

5 Likes

Go with the stronger one (green) been rock solid for me (had issues with red)

1 Like

Im really thinking about soldering motor pulley to motorshaft
Don’t understand, acetone on everything, 648 had cure 72h, works well 200km before loose and destroy everything

Wich straight cut are you talking about ?

1 Like

idk what you mean specifically - there is a 15mm 3dprinted riser holding wires for the motors, other than that not much unexpected :slight_smile:

I assumed that it had been jacked up considerably.

Isn’t red technically stronger, but specifically for threads, while green is a retaining compound meant to seal metal to metal, and the proper stuff to use for a motor gear?

2 Likes

No idea

All I know is I changed to green for gear drives and was a game changer

For enclosure bolts and stuff I still use blue / red

1 Like

Yeah my bottle of red says thread locker, green says retaining compound. Green is the right stuff for motor keys. “Bonds metal to metal without the presence of air”

1 Like

is the stuff red? I have 4 different loctites and the juice is always blue even if the bottle is red or blue or the label is green/red/blue

1 Like

Exact same scenario here. I cleaned them as well as I could, lint free cloth dried them, used 3 different green loctites (2 different 648s and 680) and they all slipped after about the same distance. One happened after a crash, the other just came after some offroading.

Been using moon’s straight cut gears on his drive instead. Not sure if BN makes straight cut for his setup.

1 Like

@nowind : amazing, another great product from you! do your rims suit trampa gear drive? best regards!

4 Likes

It seemed to work ok with lead-acid batteries and a brushed DC motor, so surely this can’t end up any worse!?

I’ll be interested to see if it works properly myself.

1 Like

you bitch, doin it without me and @Evwan !

1 Like

Thanks Dude🙏

Needs an Adapter, can be made for you, just need some meassurements from you.
Send me an email if you are interrested
Jens@e-toxx.com

Cheers

3 Likes

@Kai
It’s like you guys purposely try to hurt me

648 aka green is for gears/pinions/shafts

@phil @Venom121212 you might try a different retaining compound. Each is meant for a different gap size. 680 supposedly is higher strength. Also, according to the data sheet, 100% strength happens at 1 week. If you’re desperate, maybe try waiting the full week

4 Likes