🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Yeah direct drive on mine too - not 100% infill tho I did 80 with Gyroid I’m pretty sure

There is not a lot of infill zone in this print and I did 4 walls

This printer out of the box is about on par with some of the fastest Vorons

1 Like

Yeah if you increase the perimeter count it should be fine…

Damn I’m a bit envious, I could waste sooooo much more filament if I had one too. :smiley: I hope it serves you well! So fast a with direct drive too, gawd damn

1 Like

Nice! They’re far easier to put on than the old pads, but I need to get used to them. For some reason the calf straps are ridiculously short, even though the rest fit fine. They’re also a little more restrictive than skate pads, but the added protection is worth it.

2 Likes

brb just gonna take out a loan to setup a 3d printing factory

1 Like

I did this on Josh’s recommendation @monsterbuilder

May be worth a try for you.
Or make it worse…
But I use them like that…

2 Likes

Might be worth a shot, won’t be able to try them on for a few weeks due to an upcoming trip, but walking around in them the problem felt more like the straps were too tight, even with as minimal Velcro holding on as possible. It causes the end of the pad to dig in a bit, but I think it should loosen after a while as it breaks in. It was weird because when I measured I should have been squarely in the middle of the L/XL range, so it should have been a perfect fit.

1 Like

Liquid cooled motors are pretty cool I guess.

What overlay are you using here?

2 Likes

I shutter to think what sort of temperature that single motor is at haha

Been playing with metr + DashWare. I had to create a bunch of gauges and mappings, but it’s coming along. I’ll release all the files once I have a good workflow and all the kinks ironed out.

Right now the process is

1. Export .json from metr.at
  2. Use python script to convert to .csv
  3. Load video & csv into DashWare, select custom metr mapping template
  4. Sync it
  5. Add/remove the custom metr gauges
  6. Export just the overlay as a png sequence
  7. Load that into premiere, edit & render
12 Likes

Which BMS is this?

Was this a BMS failure, something else, or not determined yet?

Whatever one kaly uses.

Seems like bms. It’s what ignited it seems. I plugged it in and had to go do something inside the house. Saw smoke from my window and proceed to yank that bms out and blow out the flames on the jst header on the pcb

Bms was working on a different pcb pack(12s4p 50e)

2 Likes

Had it just recently been installed on this battery?

First plug in. Different pcb pack.

1 Like

is the wiring the same on both pack?

You would think maybe since the pcb is the same kaly one🫣 but alas they just be different. Might try to undo the p groups from the pcb or replace the header.

Were the balance wires checked with a multimeter to be 100% certain none of them were in the wrong place before plugging this in?

1 Like

Whoa that would mean I measure twice cut once :face_with_peeking_eye:

Nah I assumed, which always comes back to bite.

1 Like

Bummer dude. Totally something I would do…
I hope it all is able to get sorted out.

2 Likes

Haha yeah. Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy from @DuckBatterySystems right about now :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m so hyped on that machine! FINALLY someone pushing potential and ease of use for the consumer 3d printer. I figgered I’d wait until it’s about a year on the market before I pull the trigger.

1 Like

Hm, thats a…different power layout. Can you show me the other side of the PCB? Guessing phases are in the middle?

1 Like