šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Youā€™re on coffeešŸ˜‚

Thanks for the order dude Iā€™ll get them shipped out tomorrowšŸ¤™

2 Likes

hell ya :rofl:

i will further be on coffee arriving home on June 2nd at 1am and trying to put my board together for a ride by 10am the same morning

2 Likes

@deeznuts_pwned i had one of those, it semeed great when i first tested it then when i went to use it a few months later the welds are absolute shite, no matter how well prepped the electrodes are. Did some research and apparently theyre very dangerously built too - be careful!

1 Like

yeh most chinese electronics are dangerous, thatā€™s half the fun of using them. :firecracker: :fire: :fire_extinguisher: :+1: :ok_hand:

My kids card to me, they know me well

3 Likes

Can we please have a glamor shot of the offset drive motor mounts? I know they are every day bargin bin parts (dime for 13 etc ),im just a fan of the asterics. Sweet board!! :fist: :metal: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

it is the magic smoke that makes them dangerous ! I have found that once you free this smoke demon from the said Chineesium electronics ,they are rendered harmless,stationary and not much fun.
Im not sure how they trap the smoke in there but i have gotten pretty good at freeing the smoke demons #freesomkedemons #letmysmokedemonsGO! #fucktaylorswift

1 Like

Running a fardriver on mine (nd72680)

1 Like

What did you have to do to not lose display, turn signals, etc? Been looking to swap a FarDriver into my onyx eventually but there is dangerously little info I can find

1 Like

What controller does this use? I was looking at doing something similar for underglow lights but dont know where to start.

Car LED Light Strip, KaiDengZhe Car LED Headlight Surface Strip Tube Light RGB Multi Color APP Control 23.6 Inch Flexible LED Daytime Running Light Strip Neon -2PCS Amazon.com

Iā€™m using these ones that are marketed as headlight LEDs. Just runs off of 12v and bluetooths to your phone. There are an insane amount of modes. I made it to 200 before I quit playing around.

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty easy honestly. Way easier to tune than the Kelly that comes on the onyx (I have the smaller Kelly 200a kls on my super).

I donā€™t run a display or turns. Just controllable dual headlights and a rear tail light that has motion sensors so it automatically lights up brighter when braking. For speed I use this app called ā€œspeedometerā€ screen shot:

There are a few named that but after lots of testing I found that this one with the ā€œ72ā€ in the logo is the most accurate. It waits while your at speed before showing the current speed. Distance is way off but Iā€™ve never seen the top speed be off not even by 1mph.

Battery I check off my bms app but 20S at 59AH gets me pretty far haha

I have to do some electrical stuff on the surron to do I should do an install/tune video for the far driver. I have to reco just redoing your whole wiring harness. Stock stuff is under spec and just complicates it imo.

Yessss exactly. Thanks for all the info man

1 Like

i mean yeh chinese invented fireworks and gunpowder. just a spot welder not like im using an AliExpress skydiving parachute loll :joy:

Of course! Have you tuned the stock kelly controller at all? If you have a batt that can push 300a it can be quite a good controller. The usual stock onyx tune is less than 50% that controllers peak settings. I would swap to a QS8 connectors off batt, mount it externally and throw some statorade in the hub if you are going to up the settings too. External mount isnā€™t 100% needed but helps with cooling a lot if you are throttle happy.

1 Like

I downloaded the motormed app but havent had time to play around with it yet. Is that the best one to access it with? I have the 41Ah battery so Iā€™m sure I could drain it faster after I swap out the connectors and get rid of the discharge fuse.

1 Like

thatā€™s a fucking animal

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking too. Things a beast.

1 Like

Iā€™ll get back to you in a few days when Iā€™m back in the states I forget which one I ended up going with only tuned it twice ha

That batt should be good for a bit more juice for sure

1 Like

Did you change the battery?