🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

But does it make your skate go back home by itself when you loose it?

2 Likes

You could always use some heat set inserts, either threaded off the shelf ones for injection moulding, or turn some custom ones

2 Likes

We’ll just call it a copy of metr. I’m surprised they were able to make it rectangular. Hasn’t that shape already been used for that? That’s a straight Xerox copy

3 Likes

What’s the deal with trampa? Why do i see so much hate?

I was just kidding, no hate in my post.

There’s a lot of passive-agressive going on with trampa for sure,
try the keywords “trampa” “vesc” “trademark” and “copyright” you’ll found enough drama to keep you occupied for the whole winter.

8 Likes

Oh lord… Where do we start. Theres gotta be a dozen summaries in a dozen threads about this. I’ll try and find the best one for you.

Evidence:

Tldr, we all called user changeable (variable) escs vescs for forever. Benjamin Vedder was hired on by Frank/Trampa and Frank started dishing out the cease and desists for anyone calling them vescs. Stewii from the thread I linked was the most prominent source of this asshattery. One dude made some awesome little escs and was met with such a huge fight that it stifled the innovation.

Frank defending his rights of solo vesc usage:

Frank demanding old vesc versions not be stored here and only in vesc software:

Lots of other examples but to summarize, Frank is not friend for future esk8 development.

5 Likes

Well, he is a friend to the development of his own products, not community development

6 Likes

He put the grip tape grippers away :cry:

Gotta break in the new shoes!

who r u, what have u done with our Al

3 Likes

bipolar-two-faced

3 Likes

r those mr30 for sensor…?

1 Like

Yeah. Wires split across the two connectors. I wanted a quick disconnect enclosure.

weipu connector bro

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen some better options since. This will do for now but I could see making changes in the future to it.

4 Likes

Those are some beefy sensor connectors

1 Like

I wish there was an MR-90 :frowning:
Also wish they were locking connectors. Amass have some new locking ones, but they use even smaller bullets.

3 Likes

its only the 30series rolling out rn, there will be bigger connector coming soon

1 Like

I wish there was a “locking MR-90” and also an XT-60S

both in black

And while we’re wishing, I could actually really use some XT30S as well. In black.

2 Likes

Just search “frank” and you’ll see tonnes of drama about it.