🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

He’s such a wanker. Hopefully he likes the packaging.

8 Likes

Absolutely spot on

2 Likes

I could still use some sleep…

1 Like

Cheers @moog

I have looked into it for sure and I would definitely like to experiment with it!

My issue with these ‘experiments’ is that they usually end up being very expensive because i’m a ‘learn by fucking shit up’ kinda guy :rofl:

I’ve been playing with infusion for a couple of years now and this is the first mold/enclosure that i’ve actually been able to get good, repeatable results with. I shudder to think of how many hours/dollars it’s taken me to get to this point :rofl:

Now that I am working with this stuff from a ‘business’ perspective, rather than a hobbyist/“fuck around and find out” perspective, i needed to produce this mold in a manner that I had the most confidence would ‘just work’.

I’m very pleased to say that the enclosures were the part of this project that I dreaded the most but they actually turned out to be the part of the project that worked the best and all in I am reasonably happy with the results.

If time/money allows in the future, I may experiment with silicone bagging, but for the time being, I just gotta stick with what I know!

4 Likes

I know what you mean with expensive experiments, I’ve wasted lots of materials learning, best done
when your working for some one else. I used it a while ago and it worked pretty well for a small run of skull caps for stunt men to wear under wigs for hidden protection. Instead of infusion we wet layed it up,
popped a layer of peelply and breether cloth then slapped the silicone on. I think we just used a bit of
petroleum jelly to help it seal. But it was so much less hassle than bagging up each time.
All the best with this, you’re putting a lot of old pro’s to shame, it looks great.

5 Likes

Which motors are these for? (I’m assuming they’re for motors)

These are for the 6485 and 6495 motors I sell, bearings rated for 150c and 40,000 rpm :fire::fire::fire:

5 Likes

ocean water? :rofl:

I know, virtually no metal bearings can handle that

2 Likes

Doubt lol :laughing: but we can try :eyes::eyes: who said the only thing we can test with salt water is nickel :eyes::fire::fire:

1 Like

How long should I leave?

2 Likes

headbang-rock-on-beavis-butthead-1960968396

2 Likes

I don’t know, shooting from the hip, I’d say mimic a 15 minute long skate on wet salty roads and then a 14 hour sit in the closet without being touched, and THEN see how they roll

It’s usually the closet sit that kills 'em

2 Likes

Now it sits

10 Likes

Are those studded tires on the EUC guessing the board was fine?

2 Likes

Lol, yeah, ran into a buddy delivering food on the studded mten4. Thing is so tiny, cant imagine riding it is easy

2 Likes

I hear they have ZERO water resistance.

NGL, it looks cool otherwise.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard learning on a small one is difficult, but that small form factor makes it very tempting. But I’ve also heard they’re plagued with problems so idk.

1 Like

Seems to be most first batch euc’s are plagued with issues

Wait for v2 then I guess :grimacing:

Dude…
If you had to guess how many miles would you say you have on this board?

1 Like