🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Yeah dude, been having a big clear out

1 Like

hope they served u great during the stay

1 Like

@rosco my dumb dry hands weren’t working on phone screen and i accidentally flagged that sweet looking vacuum bagged layup when I tried to reply, “sweet looking layup”.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Ugh that stuff looks nice. Me and my 1 year old hardware :laughing:

1 Like

@Linny 🖼 Pictures and Nothing Else! - #11838 by Linny

Looks like it’s trash might as well just sell it to me now

2 Likes

ItS NOT BEYOND SAVING, at most i just need a new adapter which i would have to beg someone to help me 3d model and CNC

2 Likes

Sound like it’s too much trouble…don’t worry, il take good care of em

5 Likes

Nice layup. Which materials and how are they sandwhiched? :upside_down_face:

Definitely savable, just a little work.

Waiting on your review before I pull the trigger :gun:

1 Like

First impresson is that it is a great solution. The hypertruck bushings sit well in the mbs bushing seat and feel great. Feels more reboundy than the stock mbs bushing. Heaps of lean on these blue bushings. Probably need a step up in bushing duro actually. Also these anti sink are plates and ti bolts are a work of art.

I did stay up until 2am cussing a lot because I cross threaded and then stripped the head on one of the ti bushing bolts during install. This was 100% my fault. Luckily I have a vice (edit: vise) in the garage and i was eventually able to work out the cross threaded bolt and save the truck hanger. I basically bored a new thread in the m2 hanger. My advice would be when you thread the bolt initially, remove the hanger completely from the baseplate, and thread it in backward. Much easier to avoid cross threading that way.

Replacement screw and an extra is on the way - thank you @Tony_Stark !

3 Likes

Hrs the story? Did you crash or just started seeing the deck split apart?

1 Like

Are you mad at him? Why does some random guy have to be peeing on him…

Also, deck looks mint!
@cfelzien

1 Like

I just noticed it. I’m not sure when it started. Likely from all the riding at carve

1 Like

Thank you man, i appreciate that!

1 Like

Did you possibly over-torque the enclosure bolts? Happening right where the inserts are.

1 Like

I snugged them down but didn’t crank on them by any means. TBH I’m not that worried about the deck. I just thought it was interesting that this could happen

@BillGordon you are 100% right. This is due to tightening them down too much. The gap reduced when I unthreaded the screws.

2 Likes

Do those bolts have any sort of spring washer? If not you could add some so you don’t feel the need to tighten so far down

1 Like

The rubber part of the washer was disintegrating so i ripped them off. Apparently you need the height those give you for the bolts

1 Like