🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

@Monkey i truly dig your taste in hardwood friend! Great quiver.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m really enjoying all of them for different reasons.

The Omakase is great as a light weight grab and go deck, and it is great to have a functional tail. However I need to be more mindful of road conditions as its smaller 85mm wheels feel the bumps and stones.

The Arbor is fun for gliding about the place with its bigger wheels and tons of foot space, but it’s not so manoeuvrable.

The AT is a blast, but way more cumbersome to take out and about.

My esk8 itch has finally been soothed, and I finally don’t feel like I need to buy another deck. I can now concentrate on slowly improving my three currently builds

7 Likes

@dskate that grip tape design works so well on the flux!

1 Like

Thanks. I love it. I’ve really liked ordering from splattergoat. Really nice quality imo

1 Like

That’s well summed up. I have the short mono drive which has been my most used Whip since I made it in 2018. Bought a tb/dri thane build that I’ll be converting to rubber. Love it, but like you said, cumbersome. Awesome for intentional rides, but the short board is the one that comes with me everywhere. Once I have the tb board on nummies, it will make room for the stealth ride. The in between. Then I shall feel complete. Then I’ll retire and build an ebike lol

2 Likes

could use The Singularity™ bushing design for Channel trucks.
Perhaps

6 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/pictures-and-nothing-else/30415/11656?u=arzamenable

@Jaydawg56

“ayahuasca” would be a good name for this build.

Oh yea, nice thinking…. It always reminded me of the Tool album cover but you helped share the actual origin of that artwork. Much appreciated!

@glyphiks damn Al, some kinda neato clever implementations on that tharr prebuilt…
What’s your take?

1 Like

This is the most bulletproof board i’ve ever owned. Taking hubs, bms and esc and putting them on frankendick. Should be a decent challenge

4 Likes

I bid you good luck sir. Give it hell, I’m sure it’ll be a beaut.

1 Like

I got the X1 Max, I was really amazed with how well built it was. It’s the cleanest looking board out there. I thought I would flex that deck the second I stepped on it. Thing is solid!

1 Like

I am also super surprised at the strength of the deck. Especially after seeing inside it. The base beneath the battery is only like 2-3mm thick, but the deck is still surprisingly stiff.

I’m super tempted to cut it up and see what magic is inside

3 Likes

my x1pro died exactly when ODO hit 1000km, it was not fun, but i should be glad that i was only 600m from home

3 Likes

you should look up max capps on Instagram, he cuts out the middle of boards and makes them foam core.

2 Likes

This is super awesome. Please show us, how have you connected the wheel to the timing belt?

2 Likes

It’s an interesting solution with sort of clamping in the bearing seat of the wheel. This way any skateboard wheel will fit but it can slip under high torque…

15 Likes

:flushed:

You should make a thread on that adapter/pulley and where one could obtain some of them.

4 Likes

Are there bearings inside the wheel?

1 Like

It’s not my design. They are LaGrange L1 Trucks from 2012 xD

It’s an esk8 relict now.

Not on the driven wheel. The bearings are on the axle, that goes through the whole hanger.
Actually, the other wheel could be driven too, if I take the bearings out and replace them with solid metal.

2 Likes