🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Lol. Completely unrelated, but has you pfp always had that bite taken out of it? I noticed it mby a few months ago and since then haven’t been sure if it changed or if it’s always been that way…

1 Like

When they updated the discourse software I added the bite so it blends in.

Wait, maybe we both have OCD

3 Likes

It doesn’t blend in on all themes though

I may or may not also have OCD

2 Likes

Sorry, man. don’t have mirrored version.

Wot a bewty! What deck is that!?

2 Likes

@brown5tick It’s our new mountain board decks,

3 Likes

Most stable hub/tire combo I’ve owned. Makes going 40 so ez

Get the 3ds hubs for them!

3 Likes

That’s Ybor city, near tampa

Me when I put red loctite on everything instead of blue. Literally had to take a torch to everything and drill out my wheel pulleys to get them off.

3 Likes

Now imagine taking apart things that had green loctite

7 Likes

Isn’t green just retaining compound? (Like a fancy temp glue)

@Ean.esk8
Damn these are sexy
How wide are these
And do they fit MBS rockstar pattern?

4 Likes

Good to hear haha

3DS is too Moni so trying my own first

1 Like

So silly

But so awesome haha I bet it feels cool

3 Likes

Me? no, but maybe eBoosted will make them :wink:

The enclosure will be made, but I don’t know if I will make it or if someone else will

2 Likes

That voltage spread isn’t a problem as long as they come back up together to 4.20V. :slightly_smiling_face:

A close spread can get you a bit more riding time but as cells age, and even with a new pack, there will be cell-to-cell differences that shorten your ride time because one or more cells drop farther than the others.

1 Like

Yep, but a really strong one. If you use it for your motor pulley you don’t need a set screw. Also getting it off involves a strong heat gun or a blowtorch.

Discharged them to ~3.3V and set the balance voltage to 3.6V instead of the default 4.0V and it highlighted the highest and lowest group which seems like its indicating balancing.

We will see.

1 Like

A balancing voltage that low can actually cause your pack to become unbalanced and extend the charging time. The highest voltage cells at 3.6V, about half charge, can be different than those that are at the highest voltages when you’re at 3.9V (or so) or higher.

If you want to give the pack a good chance to balance then have your charge current set as low as possible, preferably about the same or lower than the balancing current level. This maximizes the effect of the balancing current (versus the charging current the balancer is trying to shunt).

2 Likes

Would balancing at a lower voltage make sense for storage? My balance charger automatically balances at 3.8V when I set it to storage charge, or should I terminate it early without balancing before I store the battery and only worry about balancing at full charge?