replacing motors on standard esc

Hee guys ,

So i have a Meepo hurricane which comes with 6374 165kv motors.
If i would change the motors for something bigger with another kv ( 170 to 190kv range) would that be a problem or do I then need to swap out the esc first so that the esc knows its another motor.
I

2 Likes

why do you want to swap them? Are you running into overheating issues?

1 Like

One motor broke down and im getting a replacement due to within warranty.
I was just wondering if i could go for a stronger motor without having to change the esc.
Having to wait for a motor from china to europe takes a long time so i figured just to buy a extra pair.
I can always use them for another build.

1 Like

u will only get the same amount of power out of the same esc, the bigger motor u go the slower the thermal throttle will happen until u get to a point where there is no throttling because of sheer mass of the motor itself.

getting a different kv motor would result in either higher torque or higher top speed, but same amount of power output

the only real way to get more power is to go higher voltage and push more current, then u get to thermal throttling faster, its an endless cycle, pick ur poison.

2 Likes

What he said, bigger motor =/= more power. Power is energy, so to get more, you need more amps, volts, etc. A better ESC would be your best bet if you want more power. After that a better battery, and THEN you can think about bigger motors. 6374s are pretty big.

1 Like

Thanks!! i know what to do now :+1: :pray: