Remove mini 2.4ghz remote trim knobs?

Would this be doable or is it a bad idea? The trim just seems like a liability to me.

1 Like

I’ve honestly never had mine move. Have a standard mini, a Fish Hook by @dani, and 2 Avio remotes. All of which still have the trim knobs on them. They are tossed around daily and have never went out of trim.

Yes you can but from my experience, leave it till if it causes issues. Probably wont though.

I adjust the trim all the time.

I keep my deadband set tight though, usually at 7%, as this increases the effective throw on the trigger

@b264 dunno man. All software or all hardware. Don’t remove them. Super glue Them down.

2 Likes

@Arzamenable
Oh nice I like this idea a lot

@b264

What do you adjust it for?

If the trottle starts acting like you are barely pulling or pushing the trigger then you adjust them to recenter it. It basically calibrates the “neutral” that is between “accelerate” or “brake”. And I keep that deadband real low, usually at 7% but I’ve had it as low as 4% before but that requires too much precision

1 Like

@brendan NOT SUPERGLUE, hotglue

I don’t agree with @b264 About trimming trim pots (I know I’m stupid) but we would Both agree that stupid glue is going to be a bad thing here. Hot glue is semi removable.

2 Likes

If you use the default 15% deadband (on VESC firmware) you probably don’t need to use the trim pots. But you’ll have 8% less effective trigger throw…

I like more fine control of the skate myself