Recomendations on a charge only smart blutooth BMS

Hey guys wandering what peopel are using for a smart 12s BMS i currently have a basic cheap bms in my build but im looking to pull my pack apart and rebuild it and want to upgrade the BMS to a smart bms with blutooth so i can balance the cells properly when charging and monitor the cells to make sure they are cahrging correctly. what are people using thats slim? im using a peli case in my build bu im looking at adding a few more parallel groups to my build so needs to be as compact as possible. im running 12s7p 30Q cells thanks in advanced

2 Likes

Use a balance charger dude, forget about bms.

1 Like

rather use a BMS as its easier to use plug and play charging without having to worry to much, was part of my design

1 Like

Slap it in the inside of the lid?

no room my battery just barely fits in the enclosure its a 12s7p in a peli case and im looking at upgrading it to a bigger pack that will also just fit in a bigger enclsoure, dont want to waste room when i can have more cells

B&W type 1000 fits a 12S10P without a problem and a bms or external balance charging.

hmm i was looking at going bigger probably 12p-16p so might need a bigger case =p

Do you have bindings? I would stay within a reasonable weight.:thinking:

yes i have bindings so i can really only build upwards the pelicase i have fits quite well actually but i have room to go upwards, will probably end up making a custom enclosure from perspex, molded abs or fibreglass/resin since i might not be able to find something that will fit between my legs

1 Like

Look up for b&w cases. You might be able to find somerhing. Heavy is no fun. Hey @Andy87, tell him about weight.:joy:

1 Like

running it on a trampa build, using 12s7p at the moment only looking at doubling it =p or at least 12s12p so i can keep riding with a mate haha, sucks i gota stop and charge while he waits for an hour. hes running 12s12p in his board with lg cells getting 30AH to my 21AH i could just carry lipos in my backpack but thats a pain in the ass to swap connections, better off just building a bigger pack or hot swapping the cases when 1 is flat

1 Like

Lots of people are using the LLT power smart BMS. I use them and think they are great for the money.

3 Likes

thanks for that ill look into it, i had a look on the forum but i couldnt find anythign apart from the DIEBMS and i dont want to mess aroudn with an open source bms, rather get something factory made that jsut works off the shelf. thanks for that

1 Like

if your budget is a bit larger go with this
https://www.energusps.com/shop/product/tiny-bms-s516-150a-750a-36?category=4

2 Likes

Do you want to use BMS to charge only or discharge. If u want to charge only, just dont leave BMS in peli, and connect balance plug when charging :tipping_hand_man:

No bms means more room in your enclosure… the balance charger is the bms…

1 Like

I believe this is the LLT power BMS.
you have to buy the BT dongle separately.
I can confirm it is 10mm deep, slimmest I could find. Good luck

3 Likes

I own this and it’s running pretty good so far. Highly recommend since they allow you to adjust when the cells should be balanced. One downside is that if you have an iPhone then you have to purchase third party app. For android they have their own app for Free.

Don’t the LLT BMS’ have a very large drain? Something to consider if you plan on letting the board sit idle for some time.

other than the charging, is there anything that could happened that a bms could prevent.
have 2x 5s lipos