Rate my possible build, and help with a possible cheaper build.

What’s a good avrage pricepoint of a first time diy esk8 build. My build list is pretty expensive, mostly due to shipping but if you know of any better and or cheaper alternatives please tell me.

(shipping included in total)

2 Likes

What country are you in, and you’ve got it set to request access to view

1 Like

Not resticted link Esk8 build list - Google Sheets
im in Norway. pretty much everything has to be bought from outside of the country

1 Like

That enclosure isn’t good for eskate, all Tupperware is far to weak and brittle for long term use

2 Likes

Guessing they don’t have a Norwegian Harbor Freight equivalent.

i thought about spraying it with bedliner

There are, but almost no parts needed for esk8 builds. just some lectrical like wires and tools and screws

1 Like

everything here is also extremely expencive

1 Like

Go for something like an off brand pelican case

2 Likes

do you mean for charging batteries in or enclosure under the board, cuse they look really bulky to be under the board

There are some thinner ones that would work well, nanuk and seahorse have decent ones I think

Alternative is you can mount to the back truck, that’s how I made my first board (put a shock pad between the top of the deck and bottom of the enclosure, and use a deck protector in the enclosure so it doesn’t crack the plastic when you tighten the truck bolts)

1 Like

If you don’t mind a top mounted enclosure Clas Ohlson actually has a few decent watertight containers that are quite inexpensive.

Check out 41-1728

1. I fear that those trucks + wheels + deck won’t work together; you’ll get wheel-bite
  2. With parts like that, unless you’re doing this to get into the hobby, a prebuilt board would be much better value for money.
  3. I would suggest buying used parts to get better value for money. There’s a lot of great stuff for sale on this very forum for low budget builds like yours
5 Likes

what type of deck would work for those kind of wheels?

You want a deck with long wheel cutouts; i.e. a long nose and tail. Or you want extension brackets, to move the trucks further out. If you stick with DKP trucks then you don’t actually need THAT long of a nose and tail (because the trucks already extend the wheelbase), just something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

would you mind giving edit access to add a different currency column and/or fix a formating thing? I’m too much of a smoothbrain to deal exclusively with NOK and unwrapped text

3 Likes

Sorry I took a bit of time, but now everyone with the link should be able to edit

1 Like

Cheers, I added the google auto-convert currency tool to the column, it will update with realtime conversion rates for us outside. I left my comments in the sheet itself on the relevant cell so you don’t have to swap back and forth between here and the sheet`

1 Like

If i were to build my own battery would these be good to use, i dont really want to get my hand on a spot welder.

1 Like