Race events on the east coast?

The right side of the USA.

2 Likes

I’m down to do this when I get back from Utah on the 17th

1 Like

I’d be down to host an event but I’m not going to get mixed up with having a shit ton of vendors or anything.

The county park near me (literally attached to my neighborhood) holds marathons and has road markings for distances:

Warren County Armco Park
1223 OH-741, Lebanon, OH 45036
(513) 695-3980

There’s a BMX offroad course 15 minutes from me. Woods trails and jumps lanes:

Lebanon Bike Park
475 E Turtlecreek Union Rd, Lebanon, OH 45036
(513) 933-7200

There’s a freaking awesome indoor bike park:
Mike’s Bike Park
(937) 963-2366

Then there’s a bunch of downtown riding by the river in Cincinnati.

To update this, the local mall just announced they’re building an indoor Karting track!

3 Likes

We need to have a good Uni vs Good eSK8 track run-off and put this to rest.
I think the east coast may have some hitting uni riders

4 Likes

Probably better to find somewhere slightly off the beaten path if there’s going to be more than 10 people there, or everyone should find somewhere else to park and ride to the “race track”

@MoeStooge - I have a 13s5p config on a trampa deck with 9" wheels and a 5.9:1 gear ratio. I’m hitting 32mph and still have another 5-6mph more before it tops out, but I haven’t finished dialing in the bushings and gotten enough ride time on it to hit top speed yet. Too much rain and not enough daytime lately.

2 Likes

I have a truck that seats 5 people with an 8 foot bed to carry a shit-ton of boards. I could easily pick up 4 other riders at Jamaica train station before heading off-island, or just north of NYC in Yonkers, or over near Fort Lee off rt 95 if we were riding Northern Jersey.

Sidenote - has anyone rode thru Van Cortlandt Park?

1 Like

No that’s up in Yonkers right? Also yeah I was thinking we could find something then visit it for a few hrs to see what kind of traffic it gets and if there is cops etc.

@jack.luis that parking lot for Surf City in JC is usually dead this time of year. Not sure if it’s got any smooth areas tho

2 Likes

Watching this since I’m in Buffalo NY. :ok_hand: Would love to race either euc or esk8 :grin:

3 Likes

Rutgers New Brunswick have some lots too. I was the co-founder of the esk8 club there so I’m sure they’ll host us if I asked.

2 Likes

I was trying to be lazy and keep a car out of it but that def makes a lot of sense

2 Likes

Its a 45 min drive from us. There’s a train that will take you straight from Manhattan to RU.

living in a city has made me lazy, I used to jump in a car and drive an hr to play soccer in HS. Now it takes quite some motivation to get me anywhere outside of an 20 min ride on a board haha

4 Likes

I’m guessing this stuff is going to be way up north, like NYC area just based on the size of the respective eskate crouds. If we could get something close to DC so it’s more half way, that would be sweet. I along with some other ATL riders might be able to make it that far up with all our equipment. I’ll stay tuned :call_me_hand:t2:

Edit: alternatively I could look to set up a race down here too

3 Likes

I’d really like a DC area race too, I’ve got a couple friends I could drag that far…none are real racers though…

2 Likes

Its only a 3 hour drive to get to NYC now apperently.

Really wish I brought a board with me.

A cannonball style race in NYC would be hella cool.

3 Likes

I live in southwest Florida, I just found a place to hold races. How should I go about making an event?

2 Likes

@MoeStooge explained to me

Get a group of people you can trust together. Start small with them and as you do the event post to your local groups to get others interested. Make sure to get good videos to help spread it.

1 Like

NYC folk go down to DC every year for the DC Invasion so I’m sure they’d do it again for a big race event. We should keep this thread alive as a place to post videos and stories from any events. We should speak to our local groups and try to get something small planned and film it to build up hype like someone said above (on mobile sorry)

2 Likes

What area? I was just halfway down the west side of Florida and it’s not a bad drive.

1 Like

My next build will have a flight safe battery system I’m hoping. I have family in Miami so I could do that area or use their car to get to wherever.

4 Likes