Race events on the east coast?

I wanna make this thread so we can discuss possible race events in the east coast.

Also so we stay out of the way of the western USA racing

@jack.luis
I remeber you talking about trying to get a race event started in NYC did anything come out of it?

I know Ive been trying to work out an event, but my location is not very Ideal and out of the way for most.

5 Likes

We should have a beginners bracket racing event :grin:

6 Likes

Doubt many have raced their eboards much on the east coast so we are all beginniners :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m currently undefeated :muscle:

…unfortunately I was in the 10s class but hey, gotta work with what you got.

I thought there was a Florida event in the works maybe? @longhairedboy?

Not too bad of a drive for me, would be great to not have to ship boards/batteries.

2 Likes

There’s the Broadway Bomb

1 Like

Much to my chagrin i realized i would never have the time to organize a Florida event.

If somebody else would like to, i could probably attend.

4 Likes

i’m out on Long Island, but i’d def be down for some waypoint based distance racing in the NY Area on MTB or Eurethane Pavement. Time trials style! Not so interested in doing a small closed course track though.

1 Like

Are uni’s welcomed? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: @yelnats8j

Will there be a 24s category?

Not sure if head to head with a uni would be considered fair due to the ridiculously high top speed on these Gotway monster 100v’s and similar.

If everyone agreed on a software limited top speed of say… 30mph, i’d race an MTB board vs a EUC.

3 Likes

Where abouts in long island?

The 100v EUC would likely still smoke a regular 10/12s EMTB :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to participate if a nice track/path can be found. I disliked riding in the road in the city, it was kinda spooky :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Euc’s usually race other euc’s…
Colorado had a one on one with a major wipeout. Those guys were on another level. Them EUC’s were ZOOMING!!! It was like watching nascar races and then seeing two indy cars go at it.

6 Likes

Alright would have to been on the streets on NYC traffic

2 Likes

Great video, Totally not biased (I won)

4 Likes

Suffolk County, South Shore.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure @jack.luis and I could wrangle up some folks in North Jersey for an event and there’s a few open car lots we could set up until the cops show up like a WalMart car meet.

I hit up RPM raceway(a go karting place in north NJ) about it multiple times and I always get ignored. I think they’re afraid of insurance issues.

5 Likes

I am into this a lot.

I’m on mobile so I can’t quote but yes I did ask around and NYC people are into it @yelnats8j. The main issue is getting to the location as most NYC peeps don’t have cars. I have one though, so maybe I can shuttle boards and everyone else take a train :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

What location?? You talking about that parking lot you and Brandon tore up a bit?

2 Likes

haha nah that one has cars in it now. Our best bet is finding an office building lot with smooth pavement that we can use on a weekend like a bunch of hooligans. After that we’d start actually renting out tracks.

3 Likes

I feel like there is like unused lots up in like Edgewater/Weehawken. We should go exploring.

1 Like