R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

I finished loop near 6 with @ahrav and @370HSSV. It’s talk like that will get me a speeding ticket. :+1:

3 Likes

I Gots a faster board next time around :eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll bring the first aid kit.

3 Likes

Touché :beers:. I was gonna say you can fill in for the first aid kit

1 Like

6 Likes

30mph ≈ 48km/h
39mph ≈ 63km/h
40.9mi ≈ 65.8km

8 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

I freaking love how much you ride bro. Those drives and motors are seeing some great use! That is so exiting to me. Love it when a build comes together and works really well. You still on the kaly drive with TB6380 motors?

3 Likes

42 miles range!!! Thats sweet, Brian :grinning: Awesome.
I bet your feet did hurt a lot after that ride, didnt they?
Which one of your boards took you through this ride?

2 Likes

Yes the feet hurt after that. My 10S10P did the dirty work on some TB110 72A

I did plug it in to charge when the Onewheel guys charged, but I guess one of them stepped on the cord because when I went back to get it later the charger was unplugged. Oh well, it’d have been a disaster if it’d happened to any of the other vehicles there :rofl: I actually made it without the charge :smirk: and then went on another big ride after they all went home :smirk: (all on the same charge)

At first it was me skating to the park

Then me + 35 Onewheels + 1 EUC + 1 ebike + 1 Evolve

Then me + 10 Onewheels + 1 ebike

Then me + 3 Onewheels

The just me again for a long time

The Evolve I only saw for like 5 minutes, not sure if he broke down and left, or what. Never even talked to him.

7 Likes

Ah yeah! Hahhaha, onewheelboostedevolve killer :joy: thats insane!
I was pretty sure you used your 10s10p board for that kind of ride :brain:
…There was a jelly onewheeler unplugging your board to cut your range i would say :japanese_ogre: that was NOT random! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes I’m still rocking the kaly drives and the TB6380 motors. I actually ride allot more then I put up here, Its my zen time. I’ve been having some connectivity issues lately so I’m super reluctant to group ride again.

I really like how loud the board is it keeps people aware that I am somewhere.

2 Likes

Did some pretty gnarly off road scouting the edge of a crop looking for a way through for the weekend, no luck finding it

The ride was awesome, don’t know how I didn’t break a belt, lots of loose sand, did the Superman a few times when going fast and the sand suddenly got deep

I don’t trust these Metr numbers but for sure it’s my highest consumption ride so far, no way I took 549 Wh of a 10S5P, specially considering the end voltage was 34.8V, even counting with 30 Wh of regen

I guess the constant riding on sand slowly and the wheel locking lots of time made the current reading bad, and also there is a chance one side used more energy, since I have the legacy Metr I don’t have data on the second motor

Rides like this make me think again on 4WD, on the way back I had to walk up some hills with more loose sand

8 Likes

Oh yeah it’s a gamble going over a bit of sand. When it gets deep all of a sudden, it’s always

6 Likes

My local bike park has one area that did this to me. Looked like some shallow dusty sand, ended up dead stopping me it was so loose.

They are supposed to be starting work soon on expanding the woods courses… TRIPLING THEM

Red = paved pump tracks
Blue = jump lanes
Green = woods routes

The light gray path around the perimeter is shitty gravel and rocks but the light gray going all around the middle of the park is a mixed terrain path that is mostly low cut grass with some mild hills, dirt, and rock features. Very mellow to cruise.

6 Likes

Had a nice groupride in Brussels today on car free Sunday with about 30 people including @Bavioze.

6 Likes

Yesterday’s ride in SF

10 Likes

OH YES!
SF killer ride!
Skål :beers:

1 Like