R.E.D. Initiative 2021 - Ride.Every.Day

The ones haggy sells think they are 6mm/1/4"

They are giving the while drivetrain a lot of slop so would be nice to go back to hard mounting.

1 Like

That is not too bad but elastic risers can lead to truck walking under power.
If you get speed wobbles while accelerating hard replace them with hard plastic.

2 Likes

This video at 2m45s I’m cruising over wood chips as thick as my thumb without a worry.

2 Likes

Sounds about right, I have not been able to punch it as hard. My top speed is back to a reasonable 32mph instead of a fun 40mph so the acceleration is much harder and making the trucks act up.

@malJohann damn like they aren’t even there! hope the TB160 handles them like that.

2 Likes

If you have a 3d printer then print some.

1 Like

I have some sector9 plastic risers I can use if I need. Right now I’m just blindly hoping I will be able to drop mount the hummie decks and still fit big wheels but I’ll use risers if not.

just going off this pic lol

2 Likes

How big of a wheel are you trying to install on your hummie?

1 Like

Tb160s
looks like they don’t have much room, prob ok.

I’m running 6x2s (160mm) tires on my hummie with a drop through setup. Lots of clearance.

1 Like

I’m on 165mm Urban Treads, so should be very similar.

1 Like

Had a cool moment this morning when a guy driving a 50s VW bus was pacing me and we waved at each other. When old school classic and new tech toy went side by side…

7 Likes

Do you really esk8 on sandals? :foot:

2 Likes

Sometimes? :shushing_face:

1 Like

My favourite esk8 shoes at the moment are Chuck’s High Tops though.

3 Likes

It sucks when I hop back on a urethane board after a while and have to pay more attention to the road and not the scenery.

7 Likes

oooh weee

Last ride i passend the 5000km mark .
I started recording 98% of my rides when i got my Wowgo 2s in july 2018.

I did ~500km from july to december 2018
2019 i did roughly 3200km
2020 i’m currently at 1300km

mid 2019 got slowed down a ton after breaking my arm.

Those 5000km are from my 2 boards combined. About 60/40 Wowgo - diy mtb.

Technically 1 - 1.5% are from my 3rd build but i don’t count that yet because it only has had about 50km so far.

3 Likes

Yeah. I have the exact same one.
I like it.
I have pretty much just been wearing it. and hardly wear my half shell.
The year before I had gotten a Fox Proframe. and it is nice, but I could not commit to wearing it all the time.

I do worry it will be too hot here in the summer to wear the Pass… but we will see.

I ordered some drop in speakers yesterday I hope I can use on both the Fox and the TSG Pass.

As an added bonus the TSG looks really cool…

2 Likes

Hey man … there is not much to see yet … but if it pleases you … here you go (and maybe you like this porchhub website)

1 Like

Unf. I see you like it dark and rough

1 Like

3 Likes