Pulled over today(USA, CA)

I was riding back to work from lunch today and I got pulled over on my board. He started to tell me it was illegal to ride it in the bike lane. In the end he had to let me go with no ticket but he said he would get back to me cuz he wasn’t sure about the law?? Wtf :joy:

Unfortunately I didn’t know the vehicle code(I do now 21320, and AB-604). I’m sure it’s perfectly legal to ride in the bike like in CA.

26 Likes

The never ending story of cops and skateboards.

18 Likes

What?.. I dont get it.

“that guy is breaking the law, I have no idea which one, but I better tell him off so I can potentially give him a ticket… For the law I dont know.”

Douche

24 Likes

Lmao at him turning you loose 'cause he doesn’t know the law he pulled you over in the first place for.

6 Likes

He was definitely not nice about it lol.

@linsus I thought the exact same thing haha.

@Saturn_Corp exactly lol…

He goes “i’ve been a cop for 21 years and I’ve never heard of that”

Wish I knew the vehicle codes by heart, I definitely will now. The best part was he blocked the turn lane and bike lane for 30 minutes while he wasted my time :joy: making and even more dangerous situation.

Riding away felt nice. We will see if he harasses me later. I told the guy I’ve been doing this for over 20k miles over 3-4 years and never had a problem. Where TF else am I supposed to ride? Lol

6 Likes

trust me, don’t let on that you know the law better than they do. Cops HATE that, especially if you’re right. Just act respectful, and let him go piss up a rope. What you were doin was perfectly legal, in fact, promoted by CA, he was just hating, as haters will.

The cop has to be able to cite the law chapter and verse if he’s going to cite you. That is
HIS JOB.

11 Likes

That’s exactly how I handled it.

He couldn’t site it which is why I was able to go. But he did ask me if I knew the vehicle code.

2 Likes

what part of CA was this? here in LA they don’t give a fuuk.

6 Likes

Sonoma County, city of Santa Rosa specifically. about 60 miles north of SF.

Most cops think it’s cool I’ve never had a problem before this.

5 Likes

The fuck? You’re in my hood. I live in Sonoma county

3 Likes

Let’s ride homie

6 Likes

For sure, I’ve never had any problems in SR. I used to skate around the JC that’s weird

Neither have I. He was a CHP officer too.

3 Likes

Weird as hell

1 Like

what the flying fuck

1 Like

In larkfield by the airport there’s a massive business area and it’s awesome to skate at night. No cars and endless smooth roads

6 Likes

That sounds sick I’m interested

2 Likes

Not these guys!

11 Likes

I called local CHP office and they said they weren’t sure also. I just found AB-604 which is the new law, going to call them back I guess and do their job for them

1 Like

Lemme know when this smooth road blasting is happenin

7 Likes