Puck just stopped working

Anyone else have an issue witht he puck receiver? Out of nowhere, the board decides to stop pairing with my remote. Just wondering if this is a known issue with a fix or if i just need a new receiver for some random reason… was working fine on Thursday but tried riding today with no luck fixing the problem… any tips @JJHoyt ?

2 Likes

Did you try to re-pair it? Or is that what’s failing? I had issues with my puck not coming paired so when I turned on the board it just vibrated :eyes::man_shrugging:

But a quick re-pairing fixed it :penguin:

1 Like

I tried holding down those three buttons to repair but the green lights keep flashing

hit up hoyt support. They’re pretty good at responding.

2 Likes

remote off.
board off.
hold 3 buttons on remote.
wait for blinking and vibration.
Turn board on.

Yes?

1 Like

If you have replaced the puck case.
you may have the screws too tight, this creates an issue with the T button.
If too tight then the T button will stick. This can prevent things from happening correctly
since there are buttons held down by the to tight screws.

Just a thing Ive noticed about pucks.

3 Likes

why did i have a deja vu with this thread :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What does the T button even do? It’s called trim or something, but I’ve literally only ever used the Power button.

1 Like

So you are saying there is more than one button on the puck :thinking::eyes:

3 Likes

if u count the wheel? its sort of like a button

1 Like

Exactly like on YouTube. Guess my receiver went poof somehow while not riding?!?

2 Likes

That’s what you get for not using it enough :joy::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think (don’t quote) the T is telemetry.
May not work but I know buttons can stick if the pucks case is to tight.
That info you can quote me on.

2 Likes

Check out your receiver. Is it flashing red? I’ve had like 4 receivers go bad. I feel bad sending them all back to Hoyt, lol.

1 Like

No lights on the receiver. I know its not the esc because the nanox receiver works jusr fine

got another esc? try the receiver on another esc and see if it works

Loosen the enclosure of the puck and try again

Did you check the plug, pins and wires.
Maybe you made an extension to jst plug where solder joints could be broken etc.
I had similar with my OSSR receiver lately. In my case the jst plug and the pin for 5V was too lose and lost contact. I crimped pin new and used a new plug and everything was fine again.

1 Like

I tried on two different esc’s and the nano x works just fine plugged in. Checked for any loose wires or bad soldering. Everything keeps pointing toWards that receiver being kaputz

1 Like

Random idea. Have you tried feeding the receiver power with alligator clips to bypass all wiring? There could be a break inside the insulation and not know it. Or just do a continuity test (this might be easier actually)