Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

7 Likes

What a handsome fella. Look, he is thinking about dicks. Don’t you just want to give him beer and tell him that it’s okay to spend all you money on skateboard parts?

8 Likes

I don’t need your approval. Im a man.

6 Likes

I’m not approving, I’m reassuring.

3 Likes

download

2 Likes

Xenith

(Just so you can prevent confusion in the future)

Haha good catch. I always pronounce it with a “Z” when I talk about it…

something really strange happened today, i was coming home from a friend and while i was going downhill i tried to brake and the brakes delayed for almost 2 seconds before sending input, i got super caught off guard first by them not working and then suddenly full brake after 2 seconds, wasnt going super fast but had to run off the board to not fall wtf

3 Likes

but on the good side i met this fella on the way back

4 Likes

sounds like a signal issue of some kind?

happened in two different locations, the remote was on like 30% so maybe that but i dont see why that would affect it

1 Like

Anyone ridden a Backfire Ranger X2? I had a go on one the other day and was very underwhelmed, there felt like a big lag at startup and relatively little torque even when it kicked in a bit. My little bucket-o-spares board ran circles around it and I think had more range (with my long-suffering 216Wh vs his two week old 454Wh)

1 Like

I rode one briefly, not much to say about other than the fact it felt like a standard prebuilt from 3 years ago. Smooth and not particularly powerful, but pretty good for that era.

3 Likes

Maaaan I’ve been eyeballing the Ranger X2/X3 big hub motor wheels for so long. I want a “stealth” big wheel board so bad

1 Like

it’s very meh, yeah. big hubs n whatnot

1 Like

Yeah I had been watching them a while ago, glad I didn’t go for them in the end. I guess 4wd might not be bad and you could get away with smaller ESCs because they’re not powerful, but it sounds like a pain

Have you ridden them? I haven’t tried them, but it’s tough to imagine they’d feel anywhere near as nice as real pneumies.

I have not. They’re just the only option, so i lust…

No, they’re not real pneummies, but at least the dia alone means they’d survive better than thane on my wasteland streets.

1 Like

If someone made pneumatic hub motors, I’d be so down for that.

I guess that is basically TBDD with AT wheels… but that didn’t work out so well :confused:

1 Like

4" hub scooter motors exist… can’t be that hard to swap axles :face_with_monocle: