Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I’m not defending the vendor, I’m just telling you how to mediate the issue at hand. If you want to take TB to court for selling shitty tires, go for it. :smiley:

Also side to side wobble is not that big of a deal, I have some AT tires who do that too and after balancing I can’t feel any vibrations at all.

1 Like

Yeah, I do appreciate you trying to be helpful. Wasn’t trying to be aggressive towards you, but I can see how my comment seems like it’s directed at you in negative way - apologies.

I will probably just replace the wheels. I don’t feel like dealing with it.

2 Likes

No hard feelings, all good. :smiley:

1 Like

Word. Riding subpar stuff is no fun.

2 Likes

Following up here - two wheels seem to be responsible for the vibration - so I sent Torqueboards an email. They got back to me asking for videos of the wheels spinning, so there is hope they’ll replace them.

Pics or it didn’t happen

1 Like

@brown5tick

They looked so nice while in the elox bath!

10 Likes

I think that looks pretty tidy tbh! I expect it’ll look great when it’s all assembled.

I’ve got no idea how you anodise (a specific colour). Can you elaborate a bit on the process?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m mounting them as they are, they work quite well with my new color scheme.

Well, anodizing is creating a hard(ish) layer of Aluminium alloys which can also be colored.

When you have an already anodized piece you can remove the color by throwing it in pipe cleaner, dissolved in water.

Then a very thin and quite soft layer of Al-oxide gets created when the part is exposed to air.

You can anodize Aluminium pieces by putting them in sulfuric acid at around 15% concentration and then leading a current through the bath, I used 5A.
This creates the thicker layer.
Wash everything properly after anodizing but careful, the surface is very soft.

After this you can add the color by putting the piece in 60C hot water and the adding color, even water color if you like but that does not hold up well under uv light coming from the sun.

After coloring you have to seal the layer by cooking the pieces in water for an hour.

Tl&dr;: Pipe cleaner, demineralized water, (color bath at 60C), cooking.

This was my first attempt ever so I have no comparison, maybe the color comes from the alloy, maybe my cleaning bath wasn’t clean enough, who knows.

5 Likes

update - Sent torqueboards CS an email saying, hey I bought these AT wheels 2 months ago and ride has vibrations. Pretty sure it’s coming from 2 of the 4 tires being more unbalanced than normal. I also sent them videos to show what was going on.

They were like “No problem - we’ll send you 2 replacement tires”.

Boom - positive torqueboards CS story. Seen some dissatisfied customers on here before, but this was a smooth exchange and still feel good about the purchase.

4 Likes

Wow. Happy to be wrong on this. Nice for you, dude!

1 Like

Anyone heard of Eski or Raldey?

The review video is actually quite impressive on the Eski P-Bee Pro mountain board / street carver. Looks like a real alternative to kaly or LaCroix.

CNC channel trucks (matrix copies)
Lishen 12s6p 21700 battery
Basic bindings
Lingy esc
8" clever tires
6374 motors w/ belts
Kaly style fg + cf flexy deck

2 Likes

Saw the thumbnail today but didn’t click. What was the price?

2 Likes

Did raldey rebrand to eski?

No, two seperate brands within the same family. Father and son.

2 Likes

$2k i think

Pretty cheap for what looks like a diy-level prebuilt

1 Like

Meepo stream tomorrow if anyone’s interested

Shout out to Danny Trejo who just turned 78 yesterday. He gives skateboards to under privileged young people and is involved in various other skate-centric projects, really great dude in general too.

9 Likes

I have an interview for an ebike shop in half an hour and I’m super hyped. I really hope I get this job.

4 Likes

Don’t tell them about the poop knife

4 Likes