NKON Nickel quality issues *Solved 04/09/19*

I also have received what doesn’t seem to be pure nickel from my last order from nkon.
I bought this strip: https://eu.nkon.nl/accessories/battery-solder-strip/nikkel-batterijpack-verbinding-soldeerstrip-27mm.html
Here is the strip after around a day in salt water:

I also tested my other nickel strip that I got from nkon in another order and that one is fine after days in salt water.

3 Likes

I had the same issue with nkon shipping. It took 3 days for it to get to germany, then it took 6weeks yo ship to me. I sent a email to nkon asking what’s up and they said " the business in Germany does this as a favor and they are currently moving their business ". That’s fine and all but they should let us know ahead of time if it’s going to take longer then the “up to 3 weeks”. I would have rather payed $1 more per cell and got them soon from liionwholesale.com so I could ride sooner during summer they should have a option to send it faster that isn’t a “favor” even if it costs a little more $$.

1 Like

This is not the first time I hear the quote from NKON “the business in Germany does this as a favor”.
It sounds ridiculous. You run a business and rely on favors? The only favor I ask from a friend is to
buy me an ice cream, not to ship battery cells all over the world. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m waiting on a shipment made at the beginning of august, I saw that they took a holiday. Seems like they have a backlog to work through. Wish they had options for shipping or at least accurate predictions.

It would be cool if they could partner with a US shipping company somehow to offer much better shipping.

I think the lesson of the day is always test your nickel strips regardless of who is the vendor.
I got lucky. This is after days in salt water.

9 Likes

There’s a thread for that :wink:

1 Like

This is all quite worrying, NKON is a company I would have expected to test for this without fail. Shakes your confidence a bit.

3 Likes

And still not sorted out for me. Arjan has promised me a refund and said he will look at cells but hes gone quiet - I gather he is trying to sort things out. I see some nickel is now OOS on his site - at least we can see from that what was affected.

I’d imagine he is on the way to his supplier’s place with a baseball bat :smirk:

14 Likes

I corrected it for you.

1 Like

Yeah, it really triggers me when I read that in the email… The context in which he writes that and the way he writes that it comes of as “Don’t even think about complaining about shipping, someone is already doing a favor of shipping your order”

I think he meant Honkball bat… should’ve left it. Good ol’e honkball… oh those were the days.

1 Like

Im starting to see a pattern of them making excuses if things dont ship in their estimated time frame. They seem to go on “holiday” very often. I would guess who ever said they wait for a large amount of packages to come in before they ship and tell people a excuse if they are way off on their time frame.

It is actually stated on the website that the company in Germany does this as a favor for thrm to ship to U.S

Not exactly. On the checkout page it says “Parcels via Fedex we ship via a partner in Germany”.

Even if it was the case it would still be annoying because of the reasons I mentioned above. Obviously noone is doing the customer a favour here, if anything they are doing him a favour (the business). Remember that this is not another forum member who sells goods on the side but a large battery supplier/business.

3 Likes

I just had an update from Arjan, he has checked 10 rolls so far and seems like they got a lot of steel.

I wonder if he is now fighting his supplier or if they have owned up/accepted they fucked up

12 Likes

Hope the ass hat apologies for lack of actual support!!!

1 Like

Well It may not be on their main page but I knew I saw it somewhere.

4 Likes

No it’s on the site aswell.

5 Likes

let’s just try to refrain from name-calling here :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like