[POLL] in-stock FOCBOX 1.7: would you buy them? [SRO]

If the single FOCBOX, aka FOCBOX 1.7 became available new, on Amazon, in-stock and sitting on a shelf, ready to ship, would you buy them?

I am not talking about FOCBOX Unity.

At the old $145USD price point:

• Yes, definitely
  • Probably
  • Maybe
  • Probably Not
  • Absolutely Not

0 voters

At the $100USD Black Friday price point?

• Shut up and take my money now
  • I’ll take ten, please
  • Yes, definitely
  • Probably
  • Maybe
  • Probably Not
  • Absolutely Not

0 voters

13 Likes

Never tried an OG focbox but at 145$ that’s a lot now days. You can get a pretty good and reliable flipsky dual 4.20. for just a little more.

4 Likes

The og focbox was the shit. Many would argue that the feel of dual focboxes was better than that of the unity because two focboxes don’t fire power at the motors sequentially the way that a unity does.

a unity doesn’t fire power to both motors at once, it rapidly switches back and forth. Dual focboxes don’t do that, and it creates a noticeable difference in feel. I’ve heard it referred to as “smoother” and even “a little too relaxed” but i like it, to me it feels polished. But it does not feel as aggressive when using the same or similar settings, which is somethign some people prefer.

and on a single drive mall grabber the focbox is king.

23 Likes

The commuter boards, mostly single-drive, are my most useful bunch.

But even in a dual drive I prefer two single ESCs. And if given a choice, the FOCBOX 1.7

8 Likes

Wow Im kind of mad I traded my Unity without trying it now… I want to see if I can tell the difference :joy:

I wonder if this changes high speed turning under throttle.

i voted maybe, because i just recently purchased another controller, BUT i trust in the positive reception of people here, so i would recommend to friends

I have never had a chance to try the og focbox, but would deffinelty like too. It seems to be so well spoken of.

pretty good and pretty reliable flipsky can’t compete with very good and very reliable focbox - still not seen a 13s build use anything else

2 Likes

@b264 I voted but I assumed you meant an old stock a OG Focbox from Enertion, not a new copy by some other company and based on schematics and shit of OG product.

What if a new single blows the specs & features of the OG out of the water? But slightly higher price point

12 Likes

@Blasto Charles, are you saying you’re working on making a new esc?

1 Like

Never stopped working on new projects. Had a few setbacks, but shit is realigning itself

12 Likes

@Blasto Under enertions name or your own?

3 Likes

I’ve learnt my lesson

17 Likes

Looking forward to it then :slight_smile: montrealers get first hand demo right? :innocent:

1 Like

So what im hearing is that my future ESCs will either be the mini vesc6 or yours… I cant wait to see what you come up with :smiley:

1 Like

Oh shit. Your own branding, or another canadian eboard company maybe? Stewii showed with ESCape that you can sell a decent volume on your own.

5 Likes

@Sn4Pz 100V is too much for you. Hear me :pray::joy:

3 Likes

Who are you, my mom? :stuck_out_tongue:

Race me old man :wink:

2 Likes

Jokes aside youre totally right, I think my comfortable level is probably 10s/11s 20a per motor :joy:

I ride like a puss, but at least I keep my limbs :sunglasses:

4 Likes