Pneumatic Build Suggestions

Hello Esk8ers,

I finished my third iteration of my Street DIY, and I am now planning my Pneumatic build on the Mark One B Stock deck. Honestly I’m only familiar with street decks and builds, so I’m looking for suggestions for trucks and drive trains for Pneumatic build. I will not be doing off-roading at all. I ride through NYC, and have 0 interest of riding through grass and stuff. Would people suggest Gear drive or can I keep belt? Is the only trucks I can use are MBS style or can I go with Surf Rodz? These are the things I just don’t know yet. Luckily I only invested in the deck so far, so open to many suggestions.

1 Like

You’ll need an angled baseplate, easiest way is with a channel truck like trampa or MBS. Failing that you can use the Tim method and get an adjustable baseplate or serious riser and angle a standard truck enough.

If you put a standard truck onto that deck it won’t turn, it’ll need the right baseplate/riser.

2 Likes

How tall are you / what shoe size do you wear? I find that deck to be far too narrow and you end up turning on the ball of your heel and your toes hang off the board. Makes for very sore feet. I’d look in to 3d printing some foot pedals for them.

3 Likes

i commute and work in nyc and use my board everyday… check my channel ive just put a few new vids on AT tires, Chinese superstars and some other things… if youre on a budget you can have a pnuemi build with standard trucks if theyre wide enough… MBS and Trampa trucks are nice but then you gotta get mounts for those too which takes me outta the budget build arena…

as stated tho for that deck in particular youd need angled risers or baseplate to make it work for standard trucks…

I ride belts because thats all the parts Ive had laying around…id like a gear…but thats another cost I cant justify yet…

4 Likes

We are getting faster by the day but for now its stil Mark One :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like your video on the trampa knock-offs, well done. I am curious why the cost was so high, it looks like you can get them for $120’ish?

It’s 250 for 4 hubs, 8 tires, 8 tubes and 2 alloy pulleys shipped. I think it’s a good deal.

3 Likes

Ahhh, I missed the 8 tires and tubes, that makes a difference.

That’s something I realized (Angled Base Plate). The wide Surf Rodz with the Angled Base plate could work?

2 Likes

Yeah, this deck is a little more than an inch narrower than my current deck. I have a 10.5 shoe, and i’m looking to mount a flexible battery to the bottom so I can have a more forwarded facing stance. I know with my current deck (9inches) I get foot fatigue from toes hanging off edge.

After I saw the cost of Drives from E-Toxx, I knew I had to start this conversation. LOL, not looking to drop $700 on Gear Drives alone. I’m still trying to decided if I’m going to just transfer the Unity to this build, or buy Vesc 6.6 from Trampa.

My apology, correcting post now.

1 Like

Its ok mate, was funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

gold star for you! someone was paying attention in class! =P

@mmaner i figured while i was already getting tires may as well get backups anyways…
as mentioned in the vid maybe I shouldve got a set of 7" as well (or as the replacement set),
but otherwise…rode the shit out of today and was so cush especially on crap asphalt…

2 Likes

I missed the extras, that explains the cost. I have a set currently plus a new set coming as well, sans the pulley’s as I’m using either pulley’s I already have or fitting them to a gear drive system. Good video, I enjoyed it and I usually don’t like video reviews :slight_smile:.

1 Like