| PlayaHaya | Air Travel Focused Build | Haya Deck

Those plates have some sort of suspension in between the brackets there? I’ve seen them before dunno where Edit: sorry I’m dyslexic, didn’t see what you wrote lol

Gonna be putting some of Boardnamics gear drive jazz on my haha coming in a week or two

This should actually be fine, I can’t find if @jack.luis has said already what cells will be used but most 18650/21700s specify a nominal charge current ~1-1.5A, with “fast charging” up to 4A. From my understanding (some undergrad power electronics/electrochem courses) this fast charge is not a peak or absolute max current they can take (that would be much higher) but simply a fairly acceptable charge rate that slightly decreases battery lifetime. A 4p group then is fairly ok to take 16A charge current, and will be happiest with 5A.

If I see the specific cells I’ll have a look at the graphs in the datasheet

P42A is what I’m using and they can absolutely handle 2.5A charge per cell consistently.

But I think I may have to go 12s and in that case I’ll be using a 7A charger.

1 Like

Nope. Will be a super rigid piece bolted together by the mounting hardware.

Yeah those things are beasts, their advertised cycle life is specified at 4.2A charge current so they are very very comfortable at 2.5

1 Like

Consider Anderson Powerpole connectors:

They come in various sizes up to 350A.
They connect together like lego so you don’t have to futz around getting the right bullets together.
Once legoed they can’t be accidentaly reversed since they are indexed.
They are springed so they connect nice and positively.
You can get them on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/Anderson-Powerpole-Connectors-10-Pair/dp/B005P9CATU
Tho I would buy them from my local ebike company grin ebikes.ca

I finally started the battery

After welding I will fold the nickel over itself and then wrap it all again with fishpaper. The packs will connect to each other in am S-shape. I’ll have to make a parallel connection at one of the ends for balancing.

Folding nickel idea came from @BenjaminF , thanks for that

What’s a good and small 1 pin connector you guys would recommend?

4 Likes

2mm bullet connector

3 Likes

Continued…

And here she is with a drivetrain no wheels

I need to get @Broly to add some fiberglass layers to the bottom to stop the delamination issue this deck has

14 Likes

hey gotta love a slow build

fast builds are good too…

1 Like

hurry up and finish it so I can compare it to mine!

2 Likes

Dude you are super keen putting brackets like that on the Haya! Especially with it’s known issues :grimacing:

I’m worried about my mov-e on brackets, but approaching 100km on it now progressively getting more comfortable with the idea because it hasn’t snapped yet :sweat_smile:

Keen to see this finished! How are you going to add the extra top plate to the bracket? Welded on?

1 Like

I’m going to probably not end up using my design because it interferes with the lid. But the two pieces would be held together by the baseplate hardware.

Yeah, it happens. I said yes to too many projects and now I don’t have time for my own lol

3 Likes

Thinking about slapping a DJI logo on it with the specs

8 Likes

L I M E
G R E E N
H E A T
S H R I N K

4 Likes

Dayyymmm

Yeah do all that but also put a cool DJ on it somewhere only if you look hard.

2 Likes

She’s done!

Acceleration vid for the sounds

14 Likes

Im curious if they actually allow you to take it on a plane.

1 Like

We will find out soon!

2 Likes

Got the davega installed. Looks kinda funny on the end but whatever

6 Likes