Pina Colada song

I was tired of my lady, we’d been together too long, like a worn out recording of a favorite song…

So what do you do when you have no legitimate reason to build anything new, but you’re bored and want to work on skateboards? You get with a couple friends and have a face-lift party

We decided to strip our decks and try to do the fabric and frit thing to breath some new life in our shit and ended up making a few little changes to other details that came out pretty good (in my opinion).

Anyways, mostly just wanted an excuse to post pics and thank @glyphiks and @rosco for the awesome write ups on the process- if anyone is interested in giving this a shot, I can’t recommend these threads enough:

So here’s how it went

15 Likes

13 Likes

Here’s some detail stuff we did on the evo

7 Likes

One other pretty cool thing about that Evo it that he designed the skin to match his MOTHER FUCKING OG METROBOARD FROM OVER A DECADE AGO!!!

IMG_20220528_220718

17 Likes

This is AWESOME

5 Likes

Finished!

15 Likes

Thanks! We were happy things went so well, usually I find a way to screw things up

1 Like

Damn really nice work! Well done! And what a lineup with the subsonics!

4 Likes

Wow thanks- probably wouldn’t have attempted it if you hadn’t had such a great write up, you made it easy!

2 Likes

The orange rails on the century are banging. Really brings that one together. Super stoked that you made it happen!

4 Likes

One of the board owners and contributors in this project here, JPNW left out a cool pice of background on this I think. The origin came from talks about a deck swap to get his favorite deck back. He ordered a custom century that he loved in every way except the color finish and built this-

Eventually the colors not matching bugged him enough that he sold me the deck to try a new build with a landyachtz evo (spoiler alert: my favorite deck). I made this board-

Now JPNW builds his dream board and loves everything about it… except the deck.

So he asks me if I’d be willing to swap decks, and as much as I adore the century board the evo will always be my favorite. That agreement led to all the talks of reskinning/painting/lip sticking you see today.

Hope that all made sense, been celebrating a successful week!

8 Likes

How did you paint the rails? Can’t get over how good it looks

5 Likes

Thanks man!

I tried maybe 3 or 4 paints to find a good match, ended up using a rustoleum semi gloss spray paint and covering it in matte clear coat, it ended up being a happy medium between the design on the footbed and the anodized trucks and gear drives

9 Likes

Omg this is so clean :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Great work J!!! Let me know if you need a bit more speed out of those motors! I think I have a spare set of 173kv stators you can swap in!

3 Likes

Haha, I can’t barely push the ones you got me on there now!

Thanks man, the drive train and battery you got me for this kicks serious ass!!

2 Likes

Man that’s so clean! Glad it’s still killing it :sunglasses::sunglasses::fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes