Pebble be gone 9000

So I’m getting tired of having rocks/pebbles getting into my motors, I do not want to upgrade to sealed motors quite yet and I think I’ve found a way to prevent some the majority of the rocks from getting into my motors. Haven’t tested it yet but I’ll give an update in the following days.

If you’ve done something similar show it off :slight_smile:

I present to you the pebble be gone 9000, made from thin gauge aluminium sheet and window screen and evidently tie-wraps :wink:

13 Likes

I’ve been considering similar things, my concern was how relatively soft the mesh is, if something hits it it’ll easily deform and possibly scrape the motors. I didn’t get too far into looking into it though, maybe better mesh available

1 Like

I know there is stainless steel mesh available on amazon. For the moment I’ll ride it like that and I’ll see how it holds up. I live in a place with very very poor road surfaces and full of rocks & misc debris. It’ll be a test on how it holds.

2 Likes

When i read the title i was hoping for a broom attached to the front of your board :joy:

13 Likes

def following - I’m going to have a need for this soon on the MTB I’m building. went with open cans -_-

2 Likes

I would look towards something like this
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-24-in-x-1-2-in-x-12-in-Plain-Expanded-Metal-Sheet-801417/204225783

3 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

Meh, leaf blower with a wide jet nozzle

4 Likes

RC jet engine?

2 Likes

Just make an actual hoverboard? No roads No pebbles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Me, too. Or a cowcatcher.

5 Likes

aluminum tape the holes degrease and work the tape. the motors will stay cooler than your current mesh setup.

1 Like

Got a pic?

" It’s Over 9000! "

1 Like

What about taking the motor apart and put the mesh inside and epoxy it down? That was my initial idea but i have yet to try

I almost did that but it was a pita to align the mesh so I just gave up and did that instead, I’ll try the aluminum tape proposal from @Schtekarsten sounds like a quite easy and straight foward solution

2 Likes

Nice, if you use a can (beer or other you can do it in carbon :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Carbon fiber :drooling_face:

2 Likes