Parts wanted in canada

Checks out :rofl: just kidding

Iā€™m a builder at Lacroix and Iā€™m in Montreal. That would make an awesome ride to work every morning :wink:

Oh damn thatā€™s pretty cool, if it wasnā€™t 445$ for the base unit Iā€™d be all over that but that eats almost my entire budget. As tempting as it isā€¦ Iā€™ve wanted one since I first saw it I just canā€™t justify the price just yet. Will be saving for my next build though, I plan to have a 2k budget for next summer to build a monster and I have 100% intention of buying a stormcore for it

1 Like

Lacroix HQ is in 200K-160 R. St Viateur Est, MontrƩal, QC H2T 1X2, Canada. This info is publicly available on their website. @Flasher can probably confirm that.

e: address is wrong, Marc will correct me later :crazy_face: but they are for sure in MontrƩal

Youā€™re scaring meā€¦which postal code is the right one???

I have Paul sending me his hubs at the shop
Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: dodged a bullet, I was correct :sweat_smile:

Thanks a bunch for showing me this company, (bkb) this one is new to me and it doesnā€™t look like shipping is bad. Hopefully the xenith is in stock soon :weary:

It seems like you are trying to get something with top tier reviews and great customer service, but are not willing to pay the premium that gets you something within that tier.

Typically high end products that are reliable from a company that has good customer service will cost more as a reflection of these traits - especially for ESCs as they are a hot commodity in the ESK8 world. Iā€™m not saying Flipsky is great, but if you are on a budget itā€™s certainly a serviceable option if you donā€™t try and overdo things. Iā€™ve been rocking a flipsky dual 6.6 for a solid year now without issue on a 12S board and I was just as hesitant to buy it as you are now, albeit last year we had even less choices for ESCā€™s.

Another point to make is we are currently experiencing a chip shortage due to covid - who knows how this is affecting the ESC market. Waiting may not be a viable option either unfortunately

Anywho, thatā€™s just my two cents. If you are on a budget, expect to shop among some budget parts.

Iā€™m in the GTA. I got the ubox spintend. Iā€™m planning to use it at 16s. It comes with a nice remote for not too much extra. They also have a horn and another port for you to add lights (max 12v3a). They have good extra details like xt90 antispark and 4.0 bullet connectors like most motors so you donā€™t have to switch them out like the focbox which has 3.5mm connectors

1 Like