Parts list suggestions 2023 update

I would still stick to my suggestion of building a 2wd board. You’d be surprised how much power you can get out of 2 motors when built properly!

2 Likes

I concur. 1st build being 4WD with gear drive is asking to get killed accidentally

2 Likes

Nice way to die though

2 Likes

I feel like I made a mistake by doing gears on my first board. I skipped over a lot of stuff I should have learned. Took me a lot longer to get it set up just right and it could have been done a lot faster.

It’s only got 2 6355s and it will get me up to 25mph no problem and I weigh 240lbs. Gets me there quick too.

But my second build, I’m doing belts just so I can learn and apply those fundamentals that I skipped over in the beginning.

At the end of the day, it’s your money and your build so you do you! Just wear a helmet and maybe an arc protection suit when wiring it up

I’ve played with belts in other applications so I’m comfortable with setup and tension of belts. But I will definitely pad up no matter what’s going on. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely mull it over.

Update:
So… Back at it again with the board build! This will probably be my third real go at my build however I am hoping my tax return will give me the added finances I will be able to find the last few pieces!

What I have:
Hummie deck
Boardnamics 270 adjustable angle trucks
IWonder Cloudwheels
TB 6374 motors

What I’m looking for:

*12s8 or 10p battery pack with bms and charger

*ESC’s (I have not been able to pick a brand yet)

*Gear drive (I’m thinking boardnamics at if it will fit mostly because I feel it will be beefier and there will be no issues with compatibility)

*DAVEGA X battery display

*The Hoyt St. Puck Remote

I live in mountains so the ability to climb some pretty big hills is a must, My budget is about 2k for all the electronics including remote, 2.5k is possible but that would be a stretch. I am planning about 300 for the gear drive.

2 Likes

Are you going 4wd or 2wd?

2wd

1 Like

As a side note, neither of these will fit in a hummie cutout with bms and esc even in double stack in 21700 cells. With 18650 cells, from memory 18650 12s8p may be possible but very little space for bms and esc and wiring etc.

1 Like

As @BigBen pointed out, you won’t be able to fit a battery that size in the hummie. If you’re after enough amps to carry u up hills, a 12s6p of Molicel P42a’s will give you 180 amps continuous. That’s plenty of juice and I’m pretty sure that will fit under the hummie but do the maths.

1 Like