Onewheel Frankenstein?

Would it be possible to put a onewheel XR motor into a V1? If so, what problems would I face? Maybe @TheBoardGarage could help.

:smile:

2 Likes

If you’re asking if you can run an XR/Plus Hypercore motor using the motor controller from a V1, the answer is very likely no.

Could do a skate ESC if it has an IMU though

The V1 motor is tough and nails. What happened?

@Fosterqc It more that the compatibility is garbage with the v1. I love the software and the motor works fine but not only will the bigger motor be faster but the tire changes are easier and float life saver will fit. I’m kinda trying to make a budget plus bc I am broke and can’t afford a new board. Lol

I might just keep the original motor. I mean it really fast. I’ve hit 30 mph on my board before :smiley:

1 Like

Where did you see TFL Life Savers not fit the v1?

honestly I would just keep the v1 esc as backup and go with a super high V esc when someone releases one someday. Like 90V and beyond would be good.

The V1 hub is cool, but it is indeed a major pain when changing tires.

I believe the lip is bigger on the v1 rim so the float life savers wouldn’t be able to get around it.

I don’t think that I am gonna vesc it because that would be over my budget and more importantly my knowledge.