Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

On the chance that I missed it: Are there any VESCs that are smaller than a Focbox? Something thinner than 15mm?

1 Like

Pretty sure you wonā€™t find anything thinner than the original 4.12 which is about 15mm if you flatten out the caps/wires.

Iā€™d wager everything else is 20mm+.

edit: Iā€™m wrong, see below.

2 Likes

The mini foc from maker x maybe?

3 Likes

Yeah, both mini makers are under 15mm.

3 Likes

Thanks, they are indeed tiny.
How hot do they get? I am considering to stack them 2 up for a 4WD in a tiny spaceā€¦

1 Like

Be fucked if i can get it to workā€¦ it connects to my phone app ackmaniac on android, but doesntā€™t show any data and if I try to change anything it says vesc not connected.

I left it in the board and closed the lid :rofl:

2 Likes

deja vu
same same
weā€™re both fucked!
sucks to be us

2 Likes

Do these Brass bolt ā€˜plugs/anchorsā€™ have a specific name? @torqueboards?

Probably M5x10mm brass soft wood threaded inserts

4 Likes

This :arrow_double_up:

If you can tell me what size hex key fits in there, I can tell you if itā€™s m5 or m6

2 Likes

Put a nut onto a screw that fits into the brass insert then screw the nut screw combo into the insert then can turn the nut down a bit so it and the brass insert lock onto the screw threads then just screw in the whole screw nut brass insert together until it is most of the way in and can avoid cracking them during insertion.

Unrelated sidenote - All the ones Iā€™ve run across that look like that arenā€™t actually made of brass, but rather cast zinc/pot metal.

Itā€™s pretty easy to strip them out when installing.

5 Likes

If their a way to change the modes with a unity and hoyt puck

2 Likes

This exactly so best to use the bolt in method rather than the allen wrench. They are cast furniture inserts a la Ikea and the like.

They do work but can be a handful to install. The good thing though is if you got to Ikea and hit the free spare assembly parts section they cost nothing. I am a cheap bastard.

9 Likes

they actually have that service? awesomeā€¦ whoā€™d a knownā€¦ Iā€™m going to check this out next time iā€™m by their store!

3 Likes

Not sure about the Us but as you leave the labyrinth there should be a wall with those clip on buckets with all the shit you routinely lose while building their stuff. Free inserts.

7 Likes

Pennies off a dead manā€™s eyes, you.

6 Likes

@Swish Yeah, those are standard M5 Wood Inserts which are typically available everywhere. We have some upgraded ones but I donā€™t seem to have any photos atm.

2 Likes

im talking about changing the speed for each mode

1 Like