Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

but only if i pay 10 bucks more for a different baseplate?

Whats the 30gbp difference between the Infinity and Vertigo truck? That the one is CNCed and has hollow axles?

Itā€™s 130

do you have a battery management system controlling your discharge?

I disconnected it for discharge @professor_shartsis

do you think with voltage sag the battery is dropping below your minimum voltage setting? other than that all i can think of is temperature cutoff.

There is a thread for it

What vesc is this? Are you getting any errors in the vesc log?

1 Like

I doubt it, because it happens when I break also

@Harrisonwms1 since you said it happens during ā€œhardā€ acceleration and braking, it sounds like a result of high current which would either suggest a temperature issue or a software issueā€¦ one last possibility that comes to mind is the firmwareā€™s hardware limits file of the hardware youā€™re usingā€¦ if youā€™re exceeding one of the settings they have in there, it could possibly cause an issue. iā€™d try lower current limits if your bms really isnā€™t limiting charge/discharge.

1 Like

Is that how you refer to me at night, when noone is around? :grin:

3 Likes

I havenā€™t thought about firmware issues, I am going to try ack or a different version of Vesc hardware

@Harrisonwms1 i found this over on vesc-project.com:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of motor, for not a lot of esc

7 Likes

Wowā€¦ that explains a lot, thanks, I am changing firmware

@PixelatedPolyeurthan
10s6p and 12s5p both have 60 cells, just arranged differently. 12s has 20% more voltage, 20% less current. 10s has the opposite. Both will supply the exact same amount of power. Both have the EXACT same amount of energy. That means assuming you ride both the same speed, you will get the exact same range. The only difference is that one will have higher voltage, and one will have higher current.

If you want more range, you need more energy.

You can adjust your top speed by changing any of the following:

• voltage
  • motor KV
  • gear ratio
  • wheel diameter

You can gain more range by either riding slower, or having a bigger battery. Doesnā€™t matter if you have 1s60p or 60s1p, or 10s6p, 12s5p, they ALL have the exact same energy, AND the exact same power output. Itā€™s just a matter of more voltage or more current. Watts are watts, no matter if itā€™s 3.7v and 1200A, or 37v and 120A, or 44.4v and 100A, or 370v and 12A. The wattage is always the same.

5 Likes

More current often means more heat loss and less efficient by some percentage (up to a point). 3.7v at 1200A either means a motor so large and geared so low that there is extreme inefficiencies in the winding and drivetrain, or a smaller motor that goes poof in 3 seconds at full throttle. Likewise the 370v motor will need double dipped motor windings to prevent arcing through, which means less copper fill, which means loss of efficiency (and also the insane motor speeds will require reinforced motor cans and gearing loss).

I love this video

2 Likes

Ok, I was just thinking ā€¦ and please tell me your thoughts about this.

Iā€™m always a bit worried my brakes will fail on me when I need them the most. Like when you need to brake really really hard ā€¦ so I thought

WHY NOT INSTALL A SECOND BRAKE, A HARDWARE BRAKE LIKE MOUNTAINBOARDS HAVE?!

please tell me why not? Like MBS V5 BRAKES

2 Likes

@Kaly is a great dude, funny as hell in person.

@eBoosted is solid as well. I havenā€™t had the pleasure of meeting him yet though.

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product-category/enclosures

@bigben makes the best enclosures but I canā€™t recall if heā€™s made the segmented ones yet or not. If he does, Iā€™d go for his fiberglass ones. They strong.

8 Likes

I got something in the workshop for the Hearo at the moment but itā€™ll be pretty specific to that deck.
Cheers for the big up. :muscle:

8 Likes