Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

That looks like UART, so:
You need to either get or make a 7 pin JST-PH plug to the unity. Matching up these wires using the COMM port, use only the wires you need, not all 7 pins need to be filled:

I would try connecting the PWM (ā€œPPMā€) servo connection to right here

2 Likes

Oh fudge, didnā€™t even see those pins. Thatā€™s a much better idea. Wonā€™t be able to use the reverse remote function though.

2 Likes

According to the manual that came with, it doesnā€™t have reverseā€¦?
Iā€™m more concerned with the battery level telemetry.

Did no manual come with the receiver? If you run it in PPM mode does it have a wire for voltage pickup? Otherwise you might have to run it in UART mode for telemetry info

FYI:

4 Likes

The manual that came with didnā€™t really explain the connection method at allā€¦ Iā€™ll check their site but idk.

Shit i didnā€™t know the benchwheel remote had the board battery level functionā€¦

@dareno have you used it to show board battery?

1 Like

So according to this image from the benchwheel siteā€¦
Does this look like the right method of hooking up the receiver?

(Iā€™m assuming this would use the ā€œPPM and UARTā€ mode in app settings on the unity)

1 Like

TBā€™s website has a nice clear picture on the JST connectors needed to connect my TB 6374 sensor wires to an ESC, but since I donā€™t have any JST connectors and ElectricBoardSolutions appears to have the same adapter cable on this side of the pond, Iā€™m just looking for confirmation that this adapter cable is what I need to connect TB motors to a Unity.

1 Like

if you use the uart, you would not use ppm. uart with nunchuck, and you need to configure via usb through vsec tool, not the UI

Visually that looks right to adapt maytech to vsec

yeah, maytech to vesc, but what about TB6374 to Unity? Same adapter cable?

Torqueboard specs says their motors are jst-zh too, which are what maytechs are. Should be the same cable if their specs are right.

2 Likes

Just saying. You donā€™t need an extra adapter.

What do you mean I donā€™t need an extra adapter? My motor sensor jst is 1.5mm 6pin and Unity 6pin is 2mm, here is a pic:

1 Like

lol no you definitely need an adapter, or you need to cut off the plug and re crimp to a different plug.

2 Likes

Iā€™m about to buy 50 of each of these terminals and just keep these things stocked. People need them way too often.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve looked at small wire crimpers and a gazzilion different wires and connectors many timesā€¦ I think itā€™d be kewlā€¦ but I cannot imagine crimping these tiny wires would be easy-peasyā€¦ hmmmm

Those Engineer pliers look pretty promising with the Dupont terminals. I guess weā€™ll find out in a month when aliexpress delivers.

1 Like