Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

yes pneumatics wheels , evolve tiers 150 mm

You could try checking your tire pressure out too in that case, I pumped mine up from torqueboards after getting them and rolled a lot easier just kick pushing once they were pumped up, so imagine that equates to motor does less work if wheels are properly inflated (sure if you go too high the contact patch gets reduced some but if they can be squeezed with a lot of pressure by hand I would check them out). Think like mmaner said the limits could be lowered most likely without much issue either and some cells have more of their charge lower in the voltage range than others, for lipos I keep the limits high to keep the cells healthy and not risk them.

2 Likes

Can you set the vesc so that you get max torque from your motors but limit the topspeed? Thanks!

If you have max speed then you will automatically lose top speed.

I think i just mean if you can limit topspeed in the vesc with the same gearing but keep your current torque. Is that possible?
Now i go 45km/h but it is not needed. 38 or so would be enough but i would like to keep my startup torque.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I can use these on evolve trucks?

No, you’ll need to get evolve specific motor mounts. Torquboards used to carry them but they were overpriced (imo) and I don’t see them anymore. Dickyho has some, as well as a few other random esk8 vendors I can’t be bothered to look up right now.

Yeah there are a few out there, I want to be able to adjust the angle of my motors.

Gotcha. Only ones that are explicitly made for the evolve BCD and allow angle adjustment are from custom fabricators that don’t have them listed right now. Might hit one of them up or you could also just file out the holes on an evolve style mount for some slidey action.

If you limit the erpm you will effectively limit the top speed, so long as you don’t change the amperage you won’t change the torque.

2 Likes

What’s a good range for 10s2p if i also want the batteries to last and range isn’t an issus

If you have 10S 2P you have 20 cells if each cell is 2.5Ah you have 20 x 2.5 x 3.6V = 180Wh. With urethane wheels you can expect to get on avg 1km per 10Wh, so for the entire battery should expect about 18km or about 11 miles. With pneumatic wheels should expect about half the range, personally get better than average efficiency because I am light weight and very flat land around me in general.

I have no idea, I’m getting around 20 km from 12s8p on pneumatic tires,but I’m quite big and heavy and there is snow here so I’m spending about 30-35 wh/km

Is this safe?

Electrical tape

Planning to add more/neaten it up but want to make sure this isnt a cardinal sin.

You will get shit for not using kapton tape xD

1 Like

Fair, I have to re-think it anyway as the extra height is too much for the enclosure :joy::joy:

These are the correct ones.

2 Likes

Are these bms wires looking correct? Does it matter whixh end i use the one with the 3 cables (black wire)

I ask because I cut it too shirt I do have an extension but if it doesn’t matter it would be easier to use at the opposite end.

As in does it matter which balance cable that has the 3 wires gets plugged into can I plug it into either or does it specifically have to be the one end?

1 Like

First, a distinction between a standalone soldering iron, and a soldering station.

A soldering iron is generally dumb - Just a resistor across the voltage supply. You plug it in, it draws X number of watts, and the temperature it reaches is directly dependent on the power and size - more power makes it hotter, larger size dissipates more heat and makes it cooler. That’s why higher wattage soldering irons are also larger.

Soldering stations, on the other hand, have a brain of some type that controls the power. The most rudimentary ones are basically just a light dimmer with a knob that you can adjust. More advanced ones have a temperature sensor built in, so you can set it for exactly 235 degrees for example, and it will vary the power to keep the tip that temperature, no matter what it’s doing. That’s how you can have a small tip, with an 80 watt power rating: It can turn the power down to keep from overheating.

Now as for those two irons: The KSGER one is available with a nicer (in my opinion) handle, which allows you to swap the tips without having to unscrew a thing. The grip-to-tip distance is also shorter, which I like more for fine control.

Make sure you get an appropriate tip for the work you’re trying to do. A thin knife/needle tip won’t do squat for heavy duty joints and thick wire, and a big fat wedge will be a pain for doing small delicate stuff. The tips are available singly or in variety packs.

3 Likes