Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Believe if you have power and tx out from unity to rx of bluetooth and tx from bluetooth going into rx of unity and power/gnd to the bluetooth module then that should be all that’s needed but maybe @rpasichnyk can verify as well. Guess is you might want to take out the other bluetooth module if possible but maybe not an issue if it’s on different UART connection to the STM32 MCU (not sure if it broadcasts data out to all UARTs or how exactly that works in terms of telemetry and configuration changes written over various UART connections)

2 Likes

F%*K Enertion

3 Likes

evening all !!

newbie to the esk8 side normally play with drones.

I have a issue with the breaking when applied it will hold for a couple seconds then release then wont apply until after say 2 seconds then I have to re apply it.
I can supply screen shots of the setup if needed.
the initial ride is ok no issues for what I have found so far, just the braking is well off.

I have a trampa carve deck with a vesc 6 plus, running a 118kv trampa motor, with X2 zippy 6200mAh 6S 40c constant / 50c burst with the trampa vesc wand.

many thanks !!

3 Likes

It sounds like an over max current error happens and then the ESC recovers after a second or two

Maybe try raising motor minimum. What is it set at now? If it’s at -60A try raising it to -50A for example.

I would ask Trampa because those numbers are already pretty conservative.

Try doing a hand test on the motor, and if there are two motors, try switching which ESC they are connected to, and seeing if the problem switches sides or not.

1 Like

well at least I know there all right then,
How would a hand test - test how the braking is working when it needs to be under movement ?
I am running one vesc as it is a single motor setup :slight_smile:

Tap the link :wink:

:joy::joy: my bad !!

1 Like

Does anyone know of an alternative belt I could use with the 47 tooth evolve at setup? $25 per belt is a ripoff.

Will you carefully count the number of teeth on the belt?

I dont have the belt yet. I am changing my gearing around, and would prefer not to spend $50 on 2 belts. :slight_smile:

Evolve told me “The circumference of the belt is 290mm and that makes the diameter roughly 92mm”.

Then look for a synchronous timing belt labeled “290-5M-15” such as

or

https://shop.polybelt.com/290-5m-15-Rubber-Timing-Belt-58-Tooth-B290-5M-15BNG.htm

2 Likes

weeeeeell all well and good doing it but I can NOT remove the last grub screw to get the pinion gear off the motor :rage: :sweat:

what did they tighten it up with a air driver haha ! !

Major question:
What is the major difference between VESC-Project tool and the ackmaniac (esc) tool?
Which one do y’all prefer and why?

2 Likes

done the test, when joining all 3 there is no chopping in-between just one smooth action (with resistance) but when connecting phases one at a time there is chopping as stated :slight_smile:

I’ve been running Ack 3.102 for a very long time now, never felt the need to update. I am exchanging my standard HM-10 for metr pro.

• Is the new standard vesc firmware worth updating to over older Acks?
  • With metr pro and latest standard firmware, can I update both focboxes wirelessly now over Bluetooth?
  • latest standard firmware low speed FOC brake fix: is it any good? Jeff’s brake fix applied to Acks is a dream and I don’t want to leave that behind

And unrelated questions:

• Is Davega only for viewing stats or can you connect to it like a BT module and change board settings?

• 120mm foamies… are they really 10mm worth of diameter more speed than TB 110s or does the compression not only increase rolling resistance but because of the squishing do they act more like 110mm wheels speed wise?

3 Likes

Should an anti spark read a voltage when it’s “off”?

It’s got a black/yellow/red wire, which crossing should do what?

Trying to find out about range on AT wheels compared to urethane, i know urethane gives better range but by how much? I had a feeling going from urithane to AT wheels would take about 40% off your range?

1 Like