Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Is there a better way to connect the parallel packs that is flat?

Youā€™ve got to be more specific. Personally I like soldering. You can either use flat copper braid, or round wire, itā€™s flexible and you can redo it if you mess up. With spot welding itā€™s almost a one-and-done thing - the welds really donā€™t come off easily, by design. For me the ideal pack has P-groups spot welded together, and then the series connections are either soldered to a PCB, or soldered to wires/braids.

Currently itā€™s bridged with round wires but Iā€™d like to flatten it, is there anything thinner than 12 awg? Itā€™s a 3p 30Q pack so not that many amps, Iā€™ve got a variety of wires and some 10x.15 nickel

But letā€™s say that the motor is rated for 100A do you need a 100A ESC?

hey do you guys Know if its possible to convert 90 mm hub motors to offroad hub motors or direct drives?

1 Like

Thanks.

I have done a bunch of reading and just canā€™t figure you what the motor values should be.
I am running a unity.
I know my pack (10s4p 30q) is 60A discharge and about -16A for regain.
How do you figure you figure out what the motor values should be? I am running the ugly gold evolve motors if it matters.

Having a little trouble with powering on a new build.

When I plugged in a battery to the fsesc 4.20 dual no lights came on. The motors also have resistance where it feels like 2 phases are touching when plugged into the esc. Not sure they did before I tried to turn on the esc?My soldering on the phase wires looks good and no easily noticeable issues elsewhere.

Gonna try a different batt and go over my connections again. Not sure what else it could be but Iā€™m pretty sure the battery could be the issue since when I tried to charge the led went from red to green repeatedly. Worked fine last time I used it months ago but I thought I left it slightly north of 50%

Probably time to get a multi meter finally.

2 Likes

unplug the phase wires, connect the battery, if it still doesnā€™t power on then the ESC is your problem.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give it a shot.

Itā€™s not the 4.2+, so no antispark, using a loop key. It doesnā€™t have a physical button or something Iā€™m missing does it?

I have a question. How do you run dual turnigy 6374 on TB 218mm? For me, the motor takes up half the hanger

Not that I know of. I dont have the pre-plus anymore or Id look and see.

Iirc the sk3 6374ā€™s donā€™t fit on the same hanger the same direction because theyā€™re obnoxiously long.

Alright, so Iā€™d have to put them opposite sides?

1 Like

Either yin yang style (opposite sides) or dual diagnal (one on front truck one wheel, one on back truck opposite wheel)

1 Like

You could use multiple smaller (say 14awg) wires in parallel, or get some copper braid - itā€™s available in a wide variety of sizes, up to and above 12AWG equivalent.

1 Like

Start by setting the motor current to what the motor is rated for, and go from there.

Is it possible, with unlimited time and resources? Yes.

Is it Practical? no.

2 Likes

I have unlimited time what resources we talking?