Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah def join the group man!

Joined the group. Don’t FB hardly, if at all. Don’t know where to post my question I had on this forum. I didn’t see the DIY messenger. Any help is appreciated. I can direct message you in their too. Just let me know. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Click Kellen Gallagher in the group and message me, I’ll add you to the chat

Make sure to chmod a+x [vesc-tool-launcher]
It may be a bit slow to launch.

1 Like

She was. And work perfect. Yesterday. She hapend The problem. And no smock. One side. Îs ded. One side îs work

Try the BLDC hand test on each motor.

They need to be disconnected from the ESC.

IF they both test good, try swapping which side the motors are connected to the ESC and see if that swaps which side doesn’t work.

1 Like

I read. And i found. A lot of The same problem. I dont know why The fsesc ĂŽs so weak

1 Like

Because it’s cheap shit.

1 Like

but focbox unity , she coming never , if i order one , vesc 6 trampa is so expensive , and i chose flipsky

1 Like

I would avoid “dual” ESCs like the Unity or any other “dual” because if one side ever breaks, then you are completely screwed. Instead of just replacing the broken piece, then you have to replace the good ESC and the bad ESC.

2 Likes

i chose dual , because is little ,and is fit exact in the enclosure and i don’t need to make another enclosure for the vesc

I would suggest trying the makerx escs. They are tiny so hopefully they would work with your space constraints, while maintaining small form factor

Www.ebmakers.com

4 Likes

i talk with seaboards , I’ll send him to fix it , ,hop is work after that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A dual ESC can be repaired just as easily as a single. All the same parts. So I’m not sure why a single would require replacing a broken part while a dual requires a complete replacement?

1 Like

I have a couple of VESCs that have holes blown through the PCB or traces completely burnt off, unrepairable. I think what Brian is saying is that when they have this type of damage you have to replace 2 VESCs instead of one, including the good one.

7 Likes

Hey by all means, move the goalposts for him.

I’ve seen the exact same comment made a few times without that being specified, so was just trying to expand on the topic because by his account Duals are garbage, which isn’t necessarily a useful opinion to Newcomers.

I use both kinds, no agenda here.

2 Likes

Get off it man. You’ve been right sometimes, but holding a grudge and acting like a child now, put on your big boy pants and get the fuck out and skate or something. Are you seriously defending flipsky right now? Also a dual can’t be just as easily repaired you are more likely to move or damage another component when you have more components on a single board. I also don’t run 4 in one ESCs on my quads for the same reason, one dies replace the one don’t replace the whole 4 in 1 ESC. Because you disagree or don’t like how Brian says things or tries to help people out doesn’t mean you’re suddenly always in the right.

Mike is explaining literally what Brian likely meant, you interpreted it differently because it fits your everything Brian says is bullshit worldview. Stick to the esk8 hobby and drop the new hobby of poking at Brian, massive waste of everyone’s time here.

5 Likes

I dig it. There are 2 schools of thought on this.

1. Combing systems make a less expensive and more robust system.
  2. Seperate systems make for more fault tolerance and ruggedness.

Pick your poison, I think he is just picking his.

3 Likes

I understand your PoV, but it seems overly specific to me. Maybe I’m just sick of all the arguing, it seems like no one, at least me, can make an argument without it turning into a personal attack.

2 Likes

I’m good brother, perhaps you need to go for a skate?

2 Likes