Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

you seriously saved me a sledgehammer computer thank so much man. I was up looking up prebuilts almost ready to give up.

MY problem, was vesc lol

Ackmaniacā€™s looks the same but whats the difference?

Everything connects no problems, no errors, its doesnā€™t randomly name your slave ( even though it never has the pop up to call a certain esc slave or master, ) it just works!

3 Likes

Happy to know you plowed through :slight_smile:
As for the differences, yet again @mmaner is the man to talk to. If he isnā€™t too busy riding his uniā€¦

3 Likes

Cutoff end at 32 just to have some room? Mine is set to start at 32v and end at 30v

30V is fine. There just isnā€™t much range between 30V and 32V anyway

We should have a thread just for cutoff settings :rofl:

4 Likes

@mmaner has bruises on the insides of his knees and the front. The uni riding only accounts for one of those.

2 Likes

Time to start archiving stats

3 Likes

Iā€™ll put a build thread together soonā€¦ butttttt

Just rode belt drive for the first time. What a dramatic increase in ride comfort. For philly, the roads are absolutely terrible. Leaving behind the hub wheels For a full 90mm wheel made a dramatic difference. Power is great.

Current settings each for x2 4.20 flipsky vescs, 10s2p 30q and x2 TB 6355 190kv
Motor max 40
Motor min -35 (brakes are good right now at low speed. Might drop this back to -30)
Battery max 13
Bat min 6

Iā€™ve twice experienced some dead feeling braking from near top speed. Wasnā€™t sure I was going to stop for an intersection. Whatā€™s weird is that they feel near non existent the whole way down when that happened. But if I recreate it and release the brake on controller and brake again when it first happens, I get strong low speed style brakes that nearly tossed me off the front.

A 3P 30q is on the to do list.

Any advice on the brakes would be great

1 Like

I am in France and I agree it is really hard to get it in Europe but the cheapest i found for us Europeans is from Amazon.co.uk

Obviously that option as well but I really like the steel colour of the JB WELD 50176 epoxy because getting that colour is only acheivable if you get epoxy for metal only in FR and again amazon UK was the only option :blush:

Beware that the steel color in JB Weld isnā€™t just a color, itā€™s actual steel as I have discovered. It is magneticā€¦

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t use a ā€œ6 minuteā€ or any quick-setting epoxy

1 Like

Ah thanks for pointing that out, i had not seen that :+1:

Good job @BillGordon

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy to help with Ack settings. Let me know what problem is. it may take me a minute to get back, I am currently on my roof with an AR-15 taken out one wheelers. :grinning:

2 Likes

In case of zombie apocalypse, am I invited?

1 Like

Of course, everyone is :grinning:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll let Frank know.

1 Like

I might mistake him for a zombie :grinning:

3 Likes

For AT style tires, has anyone tried to use one of CO2 cartridges to pump them up? Iā€™d imagine thatā€™d work pretty well out in the field so you donā€™t have to carry a pump or anything.

cough cough polyurethane longboard wheels cough cough cough sniffle cough

3 Likes

Noob question

I have a 5095 motor and a FSESC 4.12 50A Based on VESCĀ® 4.12. previously it worked fine but suddenly it has knock issues and sometimes it wonā€™t turn unless you spin it a little, i tried reprogamming it with VESC tool now it wonā€™t turn completely (see video https://streamable.com/w9t55 ).

It seems like a sensor problem because it has hall sensor and it is connected but once i do the auto detect it says sensorless.

Thanks for the help in advance!