Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

What is your multimeter settings? Are you on amps? Needs to be on dc voltage.

1 Like

ohh I see got it thanks man. Sorry dudes, like I said I’m still nOOb AF when it comes to electricity.

2 Likes

SAME.

1 Like

We all where once apon a time.

2 Likes

Good job asking before just trying. A slight razzing here and there with a good lesson learned is much better than a damaged battery, esc, or self.

5 Likes

Put these new riptide pivot cups in Randal base and they are super loose is that normal or did I get the wrong cups

Thanks again homies! And just to be sure: I put the posi lead of multimeter to the short pin, and the neg lead of multimeter to long pin, and the reading was +50.4V. This means the short pin is posi and long pin neg right?

2 Likes

hmmm what pivot cups did you order? Are those TB218 cups? My TB218 cups are that color

Yes ! Are they so loose they fall out by wiggling the base plate 15697003052134917017111475554311|690x388

To small

1 Like

Yes that’s right.

1 Like

stock vs riptides

ask @RipTideSports on this thread for help:

oh ok my bad lol, so i was putting in a randal baseplate. I just got off the phone amazing lady! So the Randles internal hole is same as TB218’s but the outer wall is thicker.
So i need to order randal pivot cups DOH!

Speaking of that are you guys running Magnums front and back for bushings? Im 225lbs

Do people prefer red, blue, yellow?
image image image

• Red
  • Blue
  • Yellow

0 voters

Yes it very much matters. You also need a fuse in that connection

1 Like

oohh can you tell me more about that?? how do I do that/what is the purpose & what happens if I don’t use a fuse?

Yes it does

Put one of these on the negative wire

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/576-099707.5WXN

So the charge port jack negative goes to the fuse, then the black JST wire goes to the other side of the fuse

The fuse’s job is to destroy itself if there is a problem – before your battery or anything else destroy themselves

2 Likes

There’s your problem.

JK :grinning:

2 Likes