Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Does the voltmeter also show the cutouts, or only the ESC cuts out?

do you suspect the BMS is the cause?

Anyone have experince converting hubs to direct drives

If it a normal behavior for the battery to drop down a few mv after itā€™s charge? After my battery got charged to 50,01V a few minutes later it dropped to 49,48V which seems quite a lot (maybe not since the curve isnā€™t linear)

I want to build a shortboard and Iā€™m looking to the community for advice. I was thinking dual belt drive with 85mm caguamas and preferably TSA compliant (< 99Wh). A lightweight, last mile solution with strong performance.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve thought up so far:

• My 32" shortboard
  • Boardnamics hangers and mounts
  • Jlabs kegel pulley
  • TB 6355ā€™s

What Iā€™m really not sure is the battery to build. My first idea was to use A123 26650 LiFePO cells (3.2V) in a 6s2p config for 92 Wh or 13s1p (same as boosted standard range).

Iā€™m looking for a top speed of atleast 18mph but definitely no more than 25mph.

1 Like

@Meeep Did you see this?

Iā€™ve also got a new one almā€‹ost made (The Green One) that has dual 6355, and a single 6374 (the Red One) and a single 6355 (The Black One)

If portability is your goal, I suggest single drive

1 Like

Isnā€™t the Blue sporting a 6380 now?

1 Like

Yes; I edited the thread

2 Likes

Hi all. I have a 12s 4p battery, sk8 192kvā€¦ Fsesc 6.6 plus, bestech D140 bms . What settings to use for The battery and motor

1 Like

What cells are in the battery? Or where from did it come?

If they are 30Q then maybe start with

motor max 50A
motor min -40A
battery max 40A
battery min -16A

cutoff start 42V
cutoff end 38.4V

and adjust from there

4 Likes

yes , 30q , and i build the battery

You can run more aggressive settings than that, but start there and see how it is.

2 Likes

ok ok , thankyou b264

Does any one see a problem if i cover my evolve carbon gt with this

And then put hex griptape on it.
Any issues you guys see?

1 Like

Iā€™m not a doctor but I say that sounds sick

1 Like

It will scratch easy but look sick ! I could see grit falling between the hex and then scratching it. Why not just skin with real cf and add a pearl to the epoxy

2 Likes

i Just want to make it look good and then sell it. Make it look unique and then ppl might be more interested

Then I deff wouldnā€™t do it as I wouldnā€™t wanna be known for selling sketchy stuff

1 Like

Maybe do a Hydra dip then clear coat it instead

1 Like

?? how is that sketchy. it is just vinyl wrap and then grip on top.
This vinyl is meant for cars so i expect it to be quite robust. the grip tape will cover most of it except the little gaps

good luck finding that in france lol