Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yeah, really need protection now!

1 Like

@Alvin They ride a 4WD 90KV TB DD. @Tello1969 @Kellag They said it pretty much almost keeps up with 4WD Gear Drive setup.

3 Likes

Niceā€‹:+1::smile:

1 Like

I also recommend upgrading your remote from a flipsky vx1 if you want to that speed.
Or at least i would, not sure about others
Like the OSSR,Hoyt, or maytech r2 waterproof remote. You could always start with flipsky and see how you feel but with that much speed i would get a remote with more throttle range

1 Like

Do I need a loopkey like this one.

Because the 12s4p battery does have a on off switch.

yes. Or make your own if you love diy

12s4p has a built in on off switch so you donā€™t need a loop key or on off switch separately.

2 Likes

Okay, is it a cut out for the on off button in the enclosure that comes with the battery?

Yeah :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

Yes for sure we got the set up and the location to really put these to the test Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll do great

2 Likes

the steepest street in san francisco is about 32% i believe, which is about 17.7 degrees. a 30 degree slope is actually about 58%

so the 4, 91kv direct drives with 120mm tires, 12S and 60a battery limit per motor could theoretically sustain over 50mph on a 35% slope which is about 19.2 degrees, or steeper than the steepest block in san francisco.

degrees is an angle where as % slope is the percentage height gained versus the horizontal distance traveled, so 32% would be 32 feet height gain for 100 foot horizontal travel, or about 17.7 degrees.

5 Likes

Hi I recently received my Tampa wand remote with preflashed NRF after installing 1.19 of vesc tool and updating to the latest firmware. I canā€™t seem to get my remote to sync with the VESC. Iā€™ve reconfigured the motors, no problems everything fine. Then when I go to configure input I donā€™t get an option for my vesc, though its only a single vesc so im not sure I would. When I try and pair the remote I follow instructions and it just doesnt sync. The only thing I dont know is if 4.12 vesc specifically Tourqueboards one is NRF capable Trampa couldnā€™t give me any solid answers on 4.12 compatability with the wand despite me checking prior to purchase. does any one know if 4.12 is nrf capable or if they might have any suggestions or first hand experiences with the wand.

@Alvin suppose you had only (2) 91kv direct drives (instead of 4) at 12S with 60a battery limit per motor, and you wanted to know what wheel size gets you up a 35% slope as fast as possibleā€¦ it works out to 75mm tire diameter for 32.5mph on 35% slope / 17.7 degrees.

2 Likes

@Trampa ^^^^^

1 Like

But I am only getting two 90kv motors.

1 Like

so with (2) 91kv motors youā€™ll want 75-80mm tires if you want to be blasting up 30-35% slopes as fast as possible, and youā€™ll need to be able to pull 120a total battery amps from your battery, which means about at least 65a motor / 60a battery per motor settings at 12S for the stated performance (32mph up 35% slope).

1 Like

Ill Shoot you a video of how it climbs up twin peaks in SF

2 Likes

@Alvin there is the theoretical aspect and real world. Expect if you are blasting full speed up hills that your electronics will last less (i am thinking about the ESC).
If you want something that is a true daredevil board then you need daredevil priced components. You need to find a price/needs balance

@Tello1969 I canā€™t wait :grin::+1: