Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Iā€™ve also made it home on a single wheel drive with one phase wire disconnected. (melted apart inside enclosure) You couldnā€™t go slow and had to have the throttle mashed to have any sort of power. Brakes sucked but didnā€™t suck as much as the throttle.

1 Like

@moon thanks for that thread it is perfect.

Now I need to know what is the best structurally slightly flexy deck there is. Something almost undestructable. Any thing under 230 euros

It was super confusing for me, I thought that there was something with the drive at first

Got any preferences? 230 euros is plenty to spend on a deck.

And get a 3D Servisas heatsink, they look better.

2 Likes

Something offroad-able and a wide deck

Ah okay :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I was also super-confused until I cracked the enclosure open and saw which wire was melted apart, everything I experienced on the streets made perfect sense then. At first I didnā€™t even realize I was going to be able to make it home under power. I had to kickpush really fast before I had throttle ability, and I had to pull the throttle really far in.

1 Like

I really donā€™t know how much offroading you want to do but @tazā€™s evo board should be good for shitty roads. A Hummie deck is quite versatile and has good enclosure options.

4 Likes

I just fell in love with @Venom121212 Circuit Board omg. Does @hummieee have a website or do i have to DM to see all his different boards.
and @moon DM me so i can get a quote on your Drives.

3 Likes

Mine got disconnected while I was riding (I guess) and 1 of the motor hit full brakes and threw me off the boardā€¦

Ate the ground but luckily I was slow and also had full gear onā€¦

The odd thing is that I didnā€™t know it was disconnected at that time and it was riding just fine after my fallā€¦I only noticed that 1 of the phase wire came loose after I examined the board thoroughly after the ride :frowning_face:

I remember getting thrown off a little but I was getting ready to stop so I didnā€™t think much of it.

It sounds like it shorted to another phase wire, not simply disconnected. Electrically, there is a big differenceā€¦

1 Like

I only sell one board and itā€™s a group buy where u sign up on the Google form. On hummiemotors.com

Hey guys, want to charge my board at 4 amps and busted a fuse. Went to autozone and bought 7.5a fuses, will they work correctly? Connection is between negative charge and bms

Yesā€‹

Autozone guy said if I use a fuse that is bigger then my needs, itā€™ll overcharge, I think itā€™s bullshit, lol

2 Likes

Itā€™s bullshit. The guy doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about.

3 Likes

You want the current rating double to triple what youā€™ll use it for. Voltage rating ideally should be 58V but if itā€™s 24V itā€™s not the end of the world and itā€™ll work fine

So itā€™s a 4 amp charger, 10s battery, 7.5 amp fuse

How does this look? I got the water proof thing for the fuse so the vibrations wonā€™t kill it overtime

Finishes wiring everything and it works!!

1 Like