Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I think you are probably better off that it came off rather than giving Murphy the opportunity to plant it or the half of it that bent in your belt or wheel pulley. That is like giving Murphy 4 shots…

1 Like

This was happening because the motor connectors were in contact

2 Likes

Preface: Likely the first of quite a few noob questions. I’m building a vanguard on 10s5p with 6354s and have close to no idea what I’m doing. Really appreciating the forum though.

Question: I have bought a 42” Loaded Vanguard. It has come with standard 184mm Caliber Trucks. They seem narrow. Would there be issues with opting for TB218s? Anyone run this setup before?

Cheers. Xoxo

You’ll get choppy noises, if two phases go together and smooth brakes, when all phases are together.

1 Like

My cheap 42v 2a charger is blinking red and green, it has only shown a constant state before, is it broken? Unity is flickering from 95% to 98% charge

Those chargers are a piece of shit.

It’s almost certainly shit the bed. I think I have a pile of broken ones here somewhere if you need any parts.

If you want a good one that won’t fail, check out this one.

3 Likes

This is the best charger I’ve ever owned, I’ve had it for 2 years and use it on a daily basis.

If it show out of stock, give it 2 days, they have them it’s just not listed yet. I know because I called them yesterday about this specific charger for my brother.

8 Likes

Well… Uh I guess this could be why I lost power to my motors yesterday on my sunset Cruise 2 miles from home… Any idea why the connectors would melt when they came with the kit?

I’m guessing this isn’t too healthy either ?

Of all the 10s 2a chargers for less than $50, what’s best? BKB has one for $30 and Luna has them for $36

They are essentially the same product, buy from the guy that builds and sells to our community.

7 Likes

Wow, a charger that can charge to 80 or 90% to preserve cell life? That’s awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like it was an XT-60 yah? Have seen/heard there are fakes out there for those on printers that have started on :fire:. The PCB gunk looks like flux that wasn’t cleaned off with alcohol to me but I’m not a PCB expert either so someone else may have an idea.

1 Like

That’s better [than the one I linked] in that it has an 80%, 90%, 100% selector – but worse in that it has a fan and is probably noisy.

1 Like

Those look like the ones that break right away.

It’s really not that noisy, I don’t hear it when Im charging in my living room watching TV.

It doesn’t matter whether we hear it – only if the noise annoys the girlfriend/wife/significant other/mom figure. :smirk:

5 Likes

I’ve come across XT connectors where the wires were spot welded to the bullets, rather than soldered. Dunno if those are that way, but I certainly won’t trust them.

3 Likes

Yes they are man, I don’t know Jack squat about soldering or electrical in any form which is why I brought it here . But looks to be some sort of bad solder job it literally fused the male and female connectors together and was enough heat where the positive just fell right off of the connector. I’ve placed an order for 2 more and I’ve got the other dual ESC still but the burnt areas on the esc make me nervous

I actually got the advanced that is the adjustable Amps and it is awesome. Definitely worth the extra money

1 Like