Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

What are you trying to build?

1 Like

These are MTBs.

1 Like

@moon something between a mtb and an AT board. Not to heavy, good range, good speed, something I can put bindings on, a little flexy but does not affect speed, can do jumps and tricks but nothing to extreme, good torque (i live in the french alpes).

1 Like

Just wanna get another confirmation on this situation, if any of the phase wires gets disconnected while riding, that would mean an absolute faceplant for me correct?

would a RedEmber Mas work?

The Urban Slayer | Surfrodz| Geardrive | 12s4p 40t | Dual 6380 | Flipsky 6.6 | a build like this?

I realise that its not finished but you should be able to see what he is trying to achieve.

1 Like

thatĀ“s not going together.
you need either an other battery or other motors or just be super light and drive only 7km/h.

2 Likes

Anyone using those thin soft rubber shock pad risers? Are you supposed to torque these down quite hard or soft?

Phase wires getting shorted together while riding WILL PROBABLY mean a streetface and ALMOST CERTAINLY a cooked ESC.

Phase wires simply getting disconnected but not shorting together MIGHT mean a streetface and POSSIBLY WONā€™T mean a cooked ESC, but could mean that.

1 Like

I had it happen to me and I was riding for 5mins with one phase wire disconnected. Dodgy acceleration and brakes for 5mins, but I was riding downhill

1 Like

Iā€™ve also made it home on a single wheel drive with one phase wire disconnected. (melted apart inside enclosure) You couldnā€™t go slow and had to have the throttle mashed to have any sort of power. Brakes sucked but didnā€™t suck as much as the throttle.

1 Like

@moon thanks for that thread it is perfect.

Now I need to know what is the best structurally slightly flexy deck there is. Something almost undestructable. Any thing under 230 euros

It was super confusing for me, I thought that there was something with the drive at first

Got any preferences? 230 euros is plenty to spend on a deck.

And get a 3D Servisas heatsink, they look better.

2 Likes

Something offroad-able and a wide deck

Ah okay :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I was also super-confused until I cracked the enclosure open and saw which wire was melted apart, everything I experienced on the streets made perfect sense then. At first I didnā€™t even realize I was going to be able to make it home under power. I had to kickpush really fast before I had throttle ability, and I had to pull the throttle really far in.

1 Like

I really donā€™t know how much offroading you want to do but @tazā€™s evo board should be good for shitty roads. A Hummie deck is quite versatile and has good enclosure options.

4 Likes

I just fell in love with @Venom121212 Circuit Board omg. Does @hummieee have a website or do i have to DM to see all his different boards.
and @moon DM me so i can get a quote on your Drives.

3 Likes

Mine got disconnected while I was riding (I guess) and 1 of the motor hit full brakes and threw me off the boardā€¦

Ate the ground but luckily I was slow and also had full gear onā€¦

The odd thing is that I didnā€™t know it was disconnected at that time and it was riding just fine after my fallā€¦I only noticed that 1 of the phase wire came loose after I examined the board thoroughly after the ride :frowning_face:

I remember getting thrown off a little but I was getting ready to stop so I didnā€™t think much of it.

It sounds like it shorted to another phase wire, not simply disconnected. Electrically, there is a big differenceā€¦

1 Like