Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Spiral bevel gears gearbox

3 Likes

remove the little screw under the hanger and take out the axle. see whats inside

@mutantbass I fear that in doing that, Iā€™ll never get it to stay in as good as factory made it

It will be fine. I have done it before. Make sure to apply loctite when you screw it back in.

ahhh i need help.
I have spent hours and hours looking at decks a truck combos for an emtb and i have come up with no solution. I want to spend no more than 1500 euros with these parts specs;

10s5p (on top of deck)
TB 6380 motors
Unity
50km/h
50km+ range
option for street wheels

I donā€™t want trampa because then i need trampa trucks and motor mounts that are way too expensive. I really donā€™t know what deck to use.

You canā€™t get a cheaper deck than this one.

2 Likes

but with emtb donā€™t you need special trucks because the nose and tail have an angle?

Only look at My Build 2
the others were tests

What are you trying to build?

1 Like

These are MTBs.

1 Like

@moon something between a mtb and an AT board. Not to heavy, good range, good speed, something I can put bindings on, a little flexy but does not affect speed, can do jumps and tricks but nothing to extreme, good torque (i live in the french alpes).

1 Like

Just wanna get another confirmation on this situation, if any of the phase wires gets disconnected while riding, that would mean an absolute faceplant for me correct?

would a RedEmber Mas work?

The Urban Slayer | Surfrodz| Geardrive | 12s4p 40t | Dual 6380 | Flipsky 6.6 | a build like this?

I realise that its not finished but you should be able to see what he is trying to achieve.

1 Like

thatĀ“s not going together.
you need either an other battery or other motors or just be super light and drive only 7km/h.

2 Likes

Anyone using those thin soft rubber shock pad risers? Are you supposed to torque these down quite hard or soft?

Phase wires getting shorted together while riding WILL PROBABLY mean a streetface and ALMOST CERTAINLY a cooked ESC.

Phase wires simply getting disconnected but not shorting together MIGHT mean a streetface and POSSIBLY WONā€™T mean a cooked ESC, but could mean that.

1 Like

I had it happen to me and I was riding for 5mins with one phase wire disconnected. Dodgy acceleration and brakes for 5mins, but I was riding downhill

1 Like

Iā€™ve also made it home on a single wheel drive with one phase wire disconnected. (melted apart inside enclosure) You couldnā€™t go slow and had to have the throttle mashed to have any sort of power. Brakes sucked but didnā€™t suck as much as the throttle.

1 Like

@moon thanks for that thread it is perfect.

Now I need to know what is the best structurally slightly flexy deck there is. Something almost undestructable. Any thing under 230 euros