Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Right. Putting on my helmet lol give me 10 min.

2 Likes

Don’t go more than 500 meters. After that you need to find all the bolts that loosened and loctite them.

2 Likes

@b264 @taz @MysticalDork
So much better! the braking starts soft and then really kicks in hard. how can I smooth that out?
Also since you guys said that I am controlling the power (not the speed) is there a way to change that. I live in the Alpes in France = mountains. i have to adjust the throttle whenever the angle changes. it will suddenly accelerate. I also realllllly don’t like the remote unless it is faulty. it is really sensitive. like 10x more than an evolve board it gt/gtr mode. What can I change in the settings?
Thanks so much for helping me up to now !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Do you drive a car or motorcycle?
That is how they work too.

In general:
Regen current: Braking at high speed
Motor braking current: Braking at lower speeds.

So if you feel your brakes are too strong at lower speeds decrease braking current to -40A and try again

To make the remote less sensitive try around -20% on the curves

2 Likes

No car yet :slight_smile: … not of age yet. But i prefer Eskate for now… who wouldn’t :wink:

I suggest the Mini Remote over that one, but a lot of folks like that one, including @longhairedboy.

Play with the throttle curve on the left side. Try -25% or 25%. I forget which is which. One does the opposite of what you want. You want the curve to bend this way

eaca8b1b3bc220aac7f0643d0f01cbbd8bea87ef_2_375x499

1 Like

Update, Flipsky told me I need to burn the firmware with an stLink

@taz thank you. I almost understand. I saw a post explaining what everything does but I can’t find it. What does ‘‘Max Battery Discharge Current’’, ‘‘Max Breaking Regen Current’’, ‘‘Max Motor Current’’, ‘‘Max Breaking Current’’ do respectively?

@b264 will definitely go for the mini remote. +25% is what you (I) want for the purple line :wink:

Thank you all!

1 Like

You might want to try 10% deadband before moving to 5%.

This is my go to throttle curve for smooth braking. Try increasing the throttle ramping time and decrease your “max braking current (not regen)”.

Regen braking current: Braking at high speed.
Motor braking current: Braking at lower speeds.

You will also get better at controlling the remote gently with your hand. Snip finger tips off gloves if you need more fine motor control.

1 Like

Hi all . Silicon or hot glue for the battery???

Silicon is better, hot glue is ok if you don’t want to wait…

I will choose silicone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not the stinky kind of silicone. Neutral cure is what you need.

it’s transparent silicon , insulating and adhesive

Does it say it has acetic acid in it?

1 Like

no . does not have acid

Might be ok then. I don’t know this brand. Sorry.
Tuborg beer however…

3 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

it say , the silicon is made in Olanda