Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

As a reference, my average draw for power on normal use is about 100W (based on metr data of total energy use over total time riding)

That means I lose 20% of my range while the lights are on, assuming they are only on while I’m riding (100W/(100W+25W)=0.8)

My expected range on this board will be 40 miles so at night it goes down to 32 miles but it’ll have the same lighting as a pair of car headlights

3 Likes

Quick question (i have heaps to come though lol)
Can you put 175mm wheels on the haggy bergmeister hubs?

What’s the order for connecting to a BMS? Will be bypassing one of the dickyho 15A split load/charge BMSs

I think it’s positive line, negative lines, then balance leads, then connect it to load or charger but I could be mistaken

1 Like

Charge lines and then insert the balance connector. Most the time it. doesn’t matter though, as long as all items are connected within a few minutes of eachother.

1 Like

You think it is okay to still use the ESC? Still turns on.

It looks like the answer is no but would chime in on this thread after reading and ask to people using them here Bergmeister hubs: Can they take 7" or 8" tires?

1 Like

I’m switching my motors from 6355 190KV TB’s to Maytech 6374 190KV’s. I want to run the same settings as before on my VESC but do I need to run motor detection and all that again? Thanks

Thanks, did not see that thread, spent over 50 hours of research these last 2 weeks :ghost:

1 Like

Yes, redo motor detection. Every motor is a little bit different

2 Likes

i think its the charger. I charged my new 30q 10s4p pack but it won’t go further than 40.6/40.7 volts

Hmm could be, did you try probing the output of the charger?

Yes, it’s fine.

41.5v if i measured correct. I’ll try it again later

1 Like

I am looking for gif/short vid if anyone can help. I saw it in the last few months and it was a link to a non-youtube site i dont remember.

The vid was less than 15 seconds long

It had a man accelerating faster than any board ive ever seen

He bailed about 75ft into the run.

Appeared to be on a runway maybe? With a few people behind him.

Its a very memorable vid and if you have seen it you probably know exactly what im talking about. Does anyone have a link? I swear i thought it was posted by @b264 but i cant be sure.

It wasnt that unfortunately. That vid is impressive but the acceleration of his board is like comparing a school bus to a bugatti

1 Like

The man to ask is @MoeStooge, he probably posted it.

Probably in this video

20 seconds in

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this is definitely it

4 Likes

He was solo. Riding from the right side of the screen to the left. It also made that guy look rather slow still. The sound the motors made and the acceleration he had was unholy.

1 Like